salt...

have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

I noticed after I take salt water that I have been sleeping less, and my eyes get much brighter. The eye thing seems normal because it is probably filling in my mineral deficiencies from the years of terrible SAD. But less sleep? Is it because I am healthier and need less or is it something I don’t know about? Is it because I am cleaner?? Odd, but I like it. I end up feeling so rested that after 3-5 hours of sleeping I wake up and think I’ve over slept, and that it is whatever time it is on the clock, in the morning. hehe :)

Comments

• How much salt water? What type of salt? This is really interesting, a lot of hardcore raw fooders are usually pretty anti-salt. Im very curious on this.

• have_merseyhave_mersey Raw Newbie

Raw, unrefined salt :). Celtic sea salt was what I had been using on a regular basis, though I have a few ounces of some hawaiian salts etc. that I am interested in comparing.

I knew that raw salt was good, but the difference in sleep, and physical appearance is amazing. Well, not just appearance, but the overall feeling of well being, along with being spiritually balanced. It was rather instant in my experience. I sort of noticed and ignored, but after 3-4 days it was quite obvious. Then on days I would skip, I looked a bit duller, and felt duller as well. I haven’t even been using as much as some people recommend. I am going to compare when I do it right before bed to when I do it first thing in the morning, then if I do half before bed, half in the morning, etc. If I don’t forget. it has been hectic, but I find this intensely interesting!

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I am one of those PRO-SALT raw foodies! I feel better when I have salt and I love it. People have this old fear of salt because the SAD salt (white, processed salt) is so bad for you. The water that is in our bodies most closely resembles sea water. We need the good salt!

I have always been a salt-o-holic myself but I notice now if I have any salt that is not pure salt – I almost feel sick. I feel great when I have the raw salt – esp the Himalyan pink! How I love that stuff – I do salt shot on my hand and lick it off and drink water (In my old SAD days, I used to this with milk – I used to love the taste of salt and milk – don’t know why).

You might be interested in this book:

http://www.amazon.com/Your-Bodys-Many-Cries-Wat…

It talks about how some of our illness or problems are related to not enough salt water – exactly what you are experiencing.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

taking extra salt in helps keep my asthma in check. and many times relieves an attack. I am very much for Salt queenfluff, that is the book that lead me to this

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Interesting…