how does one harvest sprouts?

or is that even necessary?

i’ve looked in the forums and all over the internet for help on this question but can’t seem to find the answer. i’ve successfully sprouted a few pinto beans, but i don’t know what to do with the sprouts. do i cut them off the beans and throw the beans away? do i peel the bean? do i just eat the whole thing?

any advice would be much appreciated! thanks!

s

Comments

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

you just eat the whole thing:-)

Oops! YOu said pinto bean, sorry! I’ve never sprouted pintos, just things like chickpeas and green peas, but I eat those whole! I hope someone else answers!

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I have tried sprouted black beans, but I think like many sprouted beans they don’t taste great. You would eat the whole bean. Mung beans you can put in a bowl of cold water and the shell will float to the top. I don’t know if it is the same with pinto beans.

I would say put them into a taco salad or something with a strong flavor like curry or a lot of garlic. You might be able to make hummus out of them.

• thanks everyone! i’ll try eating the whole thing – i can’t imagine it varies too much among legumes. but is it the same for all other sprouted things, i.e. grains?

sorry if this is common knowledge, but i’m really glad to learn!

s