Raw Brussel Sprouts

Does anyone know how or if you can eat raw brussel sprouts. Theyre looking super tasty, and Im dreaming up a brussel sprout, pine nut, grape tomato salad. How do you prep the little guys so they’re tender and not bitter?

Comments

• iknikn

I used to eat raw brusselsprouts when I was preparing them for a vegetarian (cooked) dish. I always popped some in my mouth. They are good, a little bitter. I haven’t made a raw version yet, so I am curious what others have to say.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

hi guys check out my recipe under my profile…i have that alot in the fall ..

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I know Rhio has a recipe for brussels sprouts in her book “Hooked on Raw”. It involved slicing them very thin and marinating them.

omshanti – That DOES look good.

• iknikn

omshanti, your recipe sound really great. Thanks!

• FeeFee Raw Master

Ive seen them grated and used in place of cabbage in coleslaw.

• thats an interesting idea to use in a coleslaw. well im inspired to get creative in the kitchen. as soon as i come up with a tasty sprout recipe i will post it! thanks guys

• Hi Bubbaw6! I have made a mock stirfry with them. Just put them in cuisinart or finely chop. Add grated carrot, onion, sesame seeds, sesame oil, a little hot sauce or cayenne, ginger, garlic, chinese pea pods sliced thin etc. A little tamari or braggs if you like that taste. It’s amazing how great they are. I also did the same thing in a collard wrap that had been massaged with salt and oil.

Hope you like it!

• oooh yum! im gonna try that stir fry too, seems simple and luscious. thanks!