losing weight while eating nuts?

Hi,

So I’m eating mostly all fruit or veggies (Raw), but have 1/4 cup (1oz) of raw nuts also each day…do you guys still lose weight with this amount?

its about 15% of the calories..

Comments

• Hi Mahsa,

I lost plenty of weight eating loads of raw nuts daily. The beauty of raw foods is that your body will find its ideal weight, whether you need to lose weight or gain weight (assuming that you’re eating enough). Don’t be afraid to eat plenty of raw fats; what your body doesn’t need for energy or the enzymes, it will burn off as excess heat.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I did, but I had weight to lose, and I was eating whatever my body wanted, so sometimes I ate nuts & sometimes not. My body balances out as I give it what it needs.

Maybe I just can’t see your pic well enough, but you don’t look like you need to lose weight?

• You have to be around 75% raw or more for detoxification (and hardened fats to break up). If you cheat or there are hidden cooked foods (things you think are raw but aren’t) then you won’t lose weight if you need to lose weight. I think that raw healthy oils in addition to the enzymes in raw foods help break up hardened fats and aid in the detox, along with providing energy and stuff.

• You can lose weight eating cooked food…..

Yes, in answer to your question. I eat more than that. But I didn’t need nor want to lose weight when I became a raw foodist.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

Personally, I loose much more weight in a given time the more raw fats and fatty foods I eat. If, however, I eat more sweet fruits and less fats, the loss drastically slows. Ultimately, it comes down to caloric intake for me. My lifestyle is very much sit-on-my-ass, so I can’t stuff my face as much as I would like.

By the way, you look perfect, so I hope you’re not trying to loose weight.

• aw thanks, but I’m just looking for 10 lbs max….to get back to my 150 range again!

im having 1oz of nuts a day right now, and the rest fruit..hopefully i can lose some.