gel consistency?

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I would love to make a fresh lemon meringue pie. Is there anything I can use, or foods I can mix to get that gel like consistency? I don’t want to bulk it up with seeds or nuts… just want that clean lemon taste. is citrus pectin raw? guessing not, but you never know

Comments

• I would love to find something like that too. Don’t know about citrus pectin either.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

To get things “gel- like”, use irish moss. It is a raw seaweed. You can buy it in whole form, flakes or powder. It can take a bit of blending to get the whole pieces blended in. But it will thicken up your sauces, filling, puddings and whatever else you want thick!

There is also psyllium husk powder that will help hold your items together too. It is raw.

I would go for the Irish moss if you really want it “gel-like” – it has virtually no taste so it won’t throw off your dish.

Ifyou buy the whole plant there is some prepartion to be done before time. If you buy the flakes or the powder, all you have to do is it just throw it in the blender with your other ingredients, just use 1 tablespoon and it will gel up your batch.

You will be able to get the flakes on most raw sites. The powder I have gotten from mountainroseherbs.com.

Let me know if you have any questions about how to use it.