Gluten free grains ?

Do any of you have any idear of how to use gluten free grains in raw foods and witch ones can be used ?

Many eat rolled oats, but is it posible to use rolled millet, amarant or any other in lets say a breakfast dish with nut milk ? or is the rolled millet a.s.o. been heatet, steemed or ? I havent been able to find any information about that, and most recipe books use really little of the glutenfree grains if any.

What about in dehydrated breads ? can they be used insted of wheat, barley and rye ?

I would really like some more “bulk” in my diet and I cant have sproutet grains because of the gluten. Flax is fine but gets a bit borring in the long run ;-) I cant eat to many nuts either because of allergies but a little seeds is ok. Oh I sould mention that buckwheat is no good for me either.

Do any of you have a great recipe ? ;-))

Comments

• i sprout quinoa and use it in salads, but i can’t say i love sprouted grains or beans. the always have an “off” taste to me.

• You can sprout your grains, dry in the deydrator and then powder into flour in a high speed blender to use in crackers or other recipes. You can store these flours in glass jars in the freezer. I have found ground flax though is needed when using them to hold the crackers together. The best way to find out if any seed or grain is truly raw is to sprout it. I too have made sprouted buckwheat flour and I really hate the taste of it.

• you can sprout millet same as buckwheat. dehydrate it to make millet pops (I saw that on one recipe here and thought it was the most brilliant thing ever) Im sure you can do the same thing with any other grain. test small batches and please share your results!

• Thanks :)) I will try to experiment. I will check out the millet pops recipe. I will let you know how it went. Thanks again :))

• I’m not sure if Kamut is gluten free, but I thought it was. I have some sprouted right now and after school my daughter and I are going to make some raw banana bread, substituting the Kamut for wheat. They are so good, I’ve been eating a few here and there, and if I have any left over I’m going to eat them with some greens.

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

here is a list of gluten free grains :) just the ones marked with the green check mark are gluten free:)

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

I thought kamut was an ancient form of wheat?

• CarmentinaCarmentina Raw Newbie

Kamut is a relative of wheat and it does contain gluten. I’m somewhat wheat intolerant, so I avoid wheat but use Kamut or Spelt or other grains, but not excessively and I rotate them.