Mushrooms

I would like to find a new marinade for mushrooms,seems the only suggestions are namo shoyu(did I spell that right????)

Comments

• My favorite is just olive oil, fresh basil, garlic, and salt. You could use a little vinegar like balsamic or white wine. This also tstes good on halved cherry tomatoes and you can put them in the dehydrator for an hour or two.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

In use half olive oil, half hemp oil with salt, basil, garlic, oregano, onion/onion powder, and red pepper flakes. It makes a nice marinade without the nama shoyu.

• Are you both talking about more of a chopped mushroom w/marinade? I have been marinating portabella and just slicing. I don’t have a dehydrator yet so any more suggestions w/out dehydrating- aside from the already mushroom recipes would be appreciated! Thanks.

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I don’t dehydrate my mushrooms, I just cut them up and put them in a jar with the marinade and keep them in the refrigerator. Very tasty treat, and great when you want a little snack!

• alpdesignsalpdesigns Raw Newbie

You could add tamari, miso, umeboshi plums or umeboshi vinegar, or seaweed. All are salty.