What pasta machine to use?

I would like to buy a pasta machine. I have the Spiralizer (?) but it is only for angel hair. What brand do you prefer? Pro’s and Con’s?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I tried everything available but found that the best tool is simply a hand held julienne that you can get cheaply at most stores. Most people I know, myself included don’t like to use a spiraliser. It just doesn’t do a very good job.

Like this

A hand held cheese slicer is good for thick strips of pasta like you’d want for ravioli and lasagna.

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

julienne peeler is what i use. much cheaper. easy to use. easy to clean.

• clr-1976clr-1976 Raw Newbie

I bought a saladacco, ended up making strips not spirals (not by choice) but might have done it wrong. Havent used it since :0)

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Thanks every one and thanks for the picture. Yes, It would be easy to clean. Good info

• The World Cuisine Spirooli Spiral Slicer with 3 blades. $20.00 http://www.nextag.com/spiral-vegetable-slicer/s…

Kitchen plus 2000 found $20.00 purchased at “As seen on TV stores, located in malls. http://www.gadgetbargains.com/hwkp-6.html

• i use a handheld zester, actually, and it makes great little spaghetti-shaped noodles. s

• rawmamarawmama Raw Newbie

I like the spirooli best for it’s simplicity, lack of rustable parts (screws), quick and easy use. We use it for the spaghetti and slicing things to make chips in the dehydrator. The noodles (angel hair) from the saladaco are fun, but it seems to take more arm power because you are pusing downwards and spinning instead of pushing forward and spinning with the spirooli??? My saladaco actually rusted a little at the screws because I didn’t dry them completely when I washed it. Personally I think that is pretty poor planning on their part to put a part that rusts in a food gadget! Just bought another noodle gadget called Le Chef which supposedly does spaghetti AND angel hair AND thin slices…will let you know. Lately have been using a mandoline from William Sonoma…love the different widths and thicknesses of noodles you can make in addition to slices and waffle slices. Can you tell we like our kitchen gadgets? Don’t want to get bored! :)