Making Green Smoothies...How?

Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

So I’ve only attempted a green smoothie once, with a bunch of fruit and a heap of kale in a good blender. I got what was basically a normal fruit smoothie with big globs of diced kale at the bottom. Totally undrinkable for me. :( I tried running it through a food processor, and just had the same thing, and a very large mess in my friend’s kitchen. Epic fail!

What am I doing wrong? How do I get my greens blended all teeny tiny and evenly through the smoothie so it’s actually, like, you know, a smoothie? Not blended fruit with chopped spinach in it, argh! Do I have to put my greens through a juicer?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

You probably didn’t let the blender run for long enough. You have to let it go for ages. I only use cheap blenders and have never had a problem like that, so it is possible. Just let it run and run and don’t stop it until it is all done. You might want to add some water to it to help it go round if it is too thick too.

• try mixing your kale with water first and letting that get pretty smooth. Then add in your fruit after.

• The fiber in lettuce irritates me so I juice a full head of romaine lettuce and blend that with 7 bananas. It’s delicious and smooth.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

go to youtube and you can find some videos on how to do it.