soggy nori?

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

no matter what i try every time i make nori rolls they always get so soggy and chewy that I can’t bite or cut them! all the filling ends up oozing out. any ideas on keeping them dry enough so that I can actually eat them without smooshing them everywhere?

Comments

• i have the same problem and i just eat them fast enough that i don’t notice, but i have tried putting a layer of collard leaf over the nori to prevent the moist filling from soggy-ing the nori. definitely worked, and so did using a dry pate over the nori, but i didn’t much like the dry pate. usually i use sunflower seeds, ginger, wasabi powder and water so it is fairly sticky.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

yeah.. i usually eat them right away, but it seems like they get instantly soggy! I have trouble chewing it too. I have swallowing problems and it is really tough to chew cause it gets so rubbery

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

A washed but very dry lettuce leaf in between the filling and the nori works too, and I think adds less flavor than collards.

I also have a hard time chewing raw nori. I much prefer the roasted ones, which don’t get so weird when they’re soggy, but we make the sacrifice…