Sterile seeds?

Hi Everyone. I have a major concern. I was talking with someone who read somewhere that the seed producers are working on genetic trying to produce seeds that will grow plants, but will produce sterile seeds, thus forcing us to have to buy new seeds every season. Is there any truth to this, anybody else heard this?

Comments

• Well I’ve read that the big guys are doing this to farmers. Monsanto, companies like that, making seeds genetically modified to grow corn or soy but the offspring are sterile and the farmers have to buy new seeds every season. Also, the corn is modified to withstand large amounts of pesticides. I don’t know how this affects the individual with a garden, but anything organic is NOT genetically modified, so that’s a good rule of thumb.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Yes, we can once again thank Monsanto and their desire to produce “Terminator” or “Suicide” seeds to allegedly protect their GMO patents. They introduced the idea some 10+ years ago and the scientific community freaked so the publicly stated the would halt marketing efforts but continue research. I suspect they will handle it like the cloned meat and GMOs. They will probably get it approved for future use and announce one day it has been in the marketplace unnoticed for months and most people won’t give it a second thought until it is too late.

When I heard a few months ago that Monsanto, Bill Gates, and the Rockefeller Foundation had completed their jointly-owned Doomsday Seed Vault, I thought about Terminator technology. What do we think will happen when the Terminators cross-pollinate with other plant life? It’s a good thing they have that vault because eventually they will own all living creatures. Surely if they control the entire food supply, the own us. Soylent Green doesn’t seem that far-fetched when you think about it.