Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

sept 811rv support group?

Comments

• heyenglishheyenglish Raw Newbie

MOTH – that’s so awesome about the yoga! I always laugh when people ask me how I can sit through a 3-hour long tattoo session. I love the adrenaline rush (and my sexy tattoo artist, but shhhh!).

I was a total bum today, arg. I usually have no problem getting up early before work to go to the gym or go for a run, but ever since I turned in my two week notice last week, I can't get up. I'm so ready to start my new job that going to my old one 'til next Wednesday seems like pure torture. I don't wanna face the day, so I keep putting off working out. I'm bound and determined to make it to the gym tomorrow though. I need to work on my arms some more. They're still a little sore from yesterday, which actually makes me happy. I want some gorgeous guns before I get any more of my sleeve completed. ;)

Today’s food:

Breakfast Smoothie: my usual superfood masterpiece (see other days).

Lunch: 2 mangos (enjoyed in the sunshine).

Snack: 2 small apples.

Dinner: Tomato Corn Bisque slightly modified – 4 roma tomatoes, 1 clove of garlic, half an avocado, and a little bit of salt. I also threw some chopped celery in the bowl with my corn.

Dessert: 2 bananas, 2 dates, and 1 tbsp of carob powder blended into a shake.

And then my mum convinced me to drink a glass of organic red wine. I really need to find some in the mini bottles because I never have more than one glass a night, so I end up pouring a third of the bottle down the sink. I have a feeling that once I move out, I’ll be drinking a lot less, lol. My English parents encourage drinking, surprise, surprise.

And in other random, exciting news, my female chinchilla just gave birth to twins last night! Bean is already up and climbing the sides of the cage and Sprout is hiding in the corner. My male is sad now because I had to separate him from his woman so he doesn’t impregnate her again. I only just found a home for the last baby, Ziggy Stardust, and Lady Stardust is already having more. That poor girl needs a break!

Have a great night everyone!

• hey everyone, sounds like today was a great day! :)

I started out in a funk because I’m looking for work and can’t even get an interview… I’m trying to be patient though, since I just started looking last week, once I gave up on having my jewelry biz support us. But, I ended up with lots of friends calling and a wonderful raw potluck at our friend’s house. Our girls play for hours in bliss, we got to visit and have a nice evening. :)

Breakfast: 2 lbs. of honeydew melon

Lunch: 1 cup of mixed salad greens 1 pear 1 cucumber orange/date dressing

Snack: 1/2 peach 1/2 cup of blueberries on top

Dinner: I made a yummy dish for the potluck: tomatoes basil corn cucumber green beans on a bed of lettuce

I’m not sure the portions of what I ate, but I had 2 helpings

Dessert: fruit salad with grapes, figs, melon, dried blueberries, apple, pear again, I’m not sure of the portions because she just served me a bowl of it.

Oh, and I also ate a few bites of my homemade banana fruit leather.

I really need to start tracking this to figure out my ratios… but I think I’ll start tomorrow. :)

• nycgrrlnycgrrl Raw Newbie

hey all!!

Things were good yesterday, lots of fruit and no overt fats except for a larabar in the middle of the day when I was running all over manhattan with my 2 boys and a bit on my salad. Dinner was a delicious salad of greens, cukes, tomatoes, lemon and a bit of flax oil. I am due to get my period tomorrow, and today I woke up incredibly bloated and sore in my abdomen, ,but other than that I am doing ok. e3 live really seems to help my symptoms as does cacao, so I am using them ‘medicinally’ (although to be honest, cacao doesn’t taste like medicine LOL)

Havent had a chance to exercise since Monday and wont’ have a chance today either-won’t get home from activities with the boys til 6:00 and then hubby and I have date night-we’re going to Bonobos and then to see Pineapple Express :) I did walk about 2 miles yesterday while carrying my 30 lb toddler on my back, so that counts for something!!

figsandolives-great day, ,sounds like. I did the high raw thing for a while, having bits of lentils and rice etc. but staying lowfat. It didn’t work for me, but I wish it had as it’s easier to get your calories in! good luck, and great workout! I am running about 3-4 miles now when i get on the treadmill, but i’ve been alternating with elliptical because of my hips.

nyc – Enjoy Pineapple Express! I’ve been dying to see it, but my boyfriend keeps going out of town at inopportune times, lol. I think I may just treat myself to it this weekend. Then I can drool over a long-haired James Franco as much as I want! ;)

• yikes, I think I just ate like a week’s worth of fat just now… but it was so good. My friend cut some herbs for me from her garden last night. She gave me thai basil and kaffir lime leaves… and I had 2 limes at home. I had been wanting to try a recipe for ages from Ani Phyo of a pad thai.

It was a great way to use up my squash and I had sweet red peppers julienned as noodles…

the fat part is the sauce used 1 cup of almond butter… but since I had it left over from my nut purge, I figured I’d use it. I just ate 3 tablespoons of the sauce, and it was so awesome!

I’ll try to wait a few days before I finish it up, spread out my fat intake. oh well, I enjoyed the dish and I know I won’t be eating anything like it for a long time.

Oh man, that sounds yummy! I say just enjoy it without feeling guilty; I know I’m gonna be eating cooked vegan this weekend for my dad’s birthday dinner… at a Greek restaurant, no less, so there’ll be a whole lot of olive oil. And I can’t wait!

Ever since you posted something about missing creamy dressings, I’ve been thinking up ideas in my head. I’m gonna try one tonight to see how it turns out, and I’ll post it if I’m successful!

• heyenglish, thanks for helping me not feel guilty. Honestly, it tasted delicious, but I didn’t feel as good after eating it as I do eating a salad for lunch. So I just ate a nice nectarine/blueberry fruit salad, and I feel better. :)

Enjoy your Dad’s birthday dinner! Family gatherings are meant to be enjoyed.

I look forward to your creamy dressings. So far, I’m happy with the orange/date/lemon dressing, but it really only works for sweet salad. If I was going for a more veggie/tomato salad… oh, I just thought about blending fresh tomato and soaked sundried tomato, maybe a bit of basil for a creamy salad dressing.

littlegems – my experiment didn’t go quite as planned. Now that I’m getting to the bottom of my salad bowl, I’m seeing a lot of liquid… but, I did make a low-fat, flavorful dressing nonetheless.

Ingredients:

4 stalks of celery, juice of 1 lemon, 1 clove of garlic, 1/2 tsp of salt, 1 green onion, a few sprigs of chives, and a dash of water just to get things moving in the blender.

I imagine if you use a food processor instead, you don’t have to worry about adding any water so it’ll be thicker. And, tomorrow I’m going to try the same recipe, but add a chunk of banana to hopefully bind things together a little better. Blended cucumber and a chunk of banana could be a great base for experimenting too!

My food for the day:

Typical breakfast smoothie.

Lunch: 1lb of strawberries.

Mid-afternoon snack: 3 tiny navel oranges, and a pear.

Later snack: 3 adorable little apples.

Dinner: 3 handfuls of arugula, 1 broccoli crown, 1/2 yellow bell pepper, 2 tomatoes, and 10 almonds, plus the above dressing.

Dessert: 4 dates.

83-8-8, 1450 cals.

hey all- so i had a good day today, 6 bananas, 5 clementines, berries, e3live, some cacao for my PMS and then for dinner went to bonobos where i am sure i went over my fat amount. did try the durian smoothie WOW….and a HUGE salad and a bit of pumpkin seed pate. That’s where i went over the fat %. But it was pretty darn delicious. I figure, for me, if I stay raw but go over my fat once in a while that’s better than eating cooked. And i have major pms cravings so if giving in means having a bit of fat then so be it. I feel great, considering!!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

BWAHAHA@! Glad to hear how well everyone is doing! I just got back home from the Organic Garden – where I REALLY went to town with the food and didn’t hold back at all, LOL. I was celebrating a few things, just growth in general, change and transition in my life, and decided to splurge:

My food total for today, starting from this morning:

6 small apples

12 bananas (yeah, me hungry!)

The water of 2 young coconuts

3 cherry tomatoes

Organic Garden stuff:

dehydrated french onion bread w/zucchini hummus- I ate most of the bread except 1 piece and only about 1/4 of the hummus

1 slice raw pizza (this really hit the spot – I’ve had a serious pizza craving ever since watching my roommate devour a pizza last night)

Large garden salad with a tasty/tangy oily vinaigrette – yum – I haven’t had a “dressing” in MONTHS!

A DELICIOUS chocolate forest dessert…I mean seriously: I had one of those: “can’t believe this is raw!” moments.

Well, what a wonderful experience! As soon as I walked into the place, I saw a familiar face! :-D TreeofLife was working the counter and I OFFICIALLY met my first real-live raw vegan! He gave me a big warm hug and made me feel right at home. What a guy! Not to mention he’s a fruit-lover, and gave me two wild apples he foraged himself to take home with me! Yay!

I’m sure it was the first of many such meetings, hehe. ;-)

Welp, I haven’t had dehydrated food or any overt fats in about…4 months or so, ever since my last visit to the OG. So my tummy is sort of bloated and unsettled, but not too bad! The experience was totally worth it and I’m so glad I got the opportunity to eat that loving food! I’m thinking “downstream” thoughts right now, hehe. I’ll probably fast through a bit of tomorrow, just to clear the system and ready it for my regular daily servings of fruit. But damn..I had fun.

Exercise:

4 miles biked

2 hours 45 minutes of hot vinyasa flow

Oh guys…and I’m gonna ask a question on salt intake on the main board…had an experience at yoga that worried me a little…if any 811ers could reply with their comments, I’d appreciate it.

hey all MOTH that sounds wonderful!! what a great experience you had there :)

I went to bonobo’s last night and it rocked-although the ambience left a lot to be desired. I think the food was delicious, and I tried a durian shake—WOWWWWWEE. amazing. I did have some pumpkin seed pate but other than that, mostly lighter, lowfat foods. And tonight I am going to that new raw restaurant in Brooklyn, called Raw Star. I will tell you all how it is!!

• MOTH and nycgrrl – that’s great that you were able to treat yourselves to some gourmet RAW cuisine. Cafe Gratitude is my closest raw restaurant, and I can’t go there much because my daughter is allergic to nuts, and the only thing she can eat there is a fruit bowl, and a $3.50 side of avocado! too expensive for me.

We’re meeting some friends for dinner tonight and they picked Ethiopian, which used to be my family’s favorite… although I don’t know what I’ll be able to eat there that is raw. I’ll see what I can find on the menu, because we used to just order the veggie dinner family style, lots of cooked beans and veggie purees.

So far so good today, my honeydew melon was awesome for breakfast, but it was the end of my melon and not enough to really fill me up. I’m going to wait a couple of hours and have huge lunch to make up for it! :)

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

nycgrrl – that durian shake sounds divine! When I go to NYC on the 20th, I am going to be in Chinatown and I hope to pick up and devour my first Durian. I hope you have a yummy experience at Raw Star!

littlegems – I’ve never eaten Ethiopian! Have a beautiful night!

Today, I’ve eaten:

2 young coconut waters – I ate the insides of one of the coconuts. I almost never do this, but I realized that it tasted good to my body and so I just went for it. Usually I’m disgusted by the young coco meat; tonight I enjoyed it. Won’t make it a habit though as I think the coco meat is high in fat.

4 big celery sticks (for salt)

9 bananas

6 gold kiwi

3 cherry tomatoes

And 12 ounces of raspberries

Exercise:

4 miles biked

3 hours of hot vinyasa flow

if I eat anything else tonight, it’ll be cherry tomatoes.

nyc – Enjoy Raw Star! I’m envious of all of you that live close to raw restaurants. The nearest one to me is at least an hour away, which explains why I still haven’t tried it out. One of these days…

littlegems – Hope you have a wonderful dinner! I love ethnic cuisine, but Ethiopian is definitely one I haven’t tried. My dad decided that we’re having Indian instead of Greek for his birthday tomorrow… which makes me ecstatic! I’ve always loved Indian food. And while it won’t be raw, and probably not low in fat (because of coconut milk), I’ll enjoy it nonetheless. It will definitely be vegan! I’m just gonna pass on the rice and bread, because those get me caught up in craving all kinds of cooked food.

MOTH – I’m so impressed with all the yoga you’ve been doing! I was feeling super crappy today for seemingly no reason, and then I realized that A) I hadn’t done any cardio since Saturday, just weights; B) I didn’t have my usual 30 minutes of lunchtime sun because it was overcast all day; and C) I’d been sitting at work with absolutely nothing to do and energy to burn. So, I worked myself up into a frenzy at an hour-long spinning class tonight. I felt awesome afterward! Just what I needed.

Today’s food:

Breakfast: 2 bananas.

Morning snack: 2 sugar plums.

Lunch: 3 pears.

Afternoon snack: 1 apple and a 1/4 lb of grapes.

Pre-workout snack: 6 dates.

Dinner: Humongous salad consisting of: 3 cups of finely chopped (processed) butternut squash, 3 big handfuls of arugula, 2 roma tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado, and 1 ear of corn and a dressing consisting of 1/2 a banana, 1/2 cucumber, salt, garlic, lemon juice, and dill weed. My stomach is definitely poking out now, but I wanted to make sure I ate a big dinner after burning those 800 calories in class.

Can’t wait for this weekend! Super busy with the things I love – spending time with my awesome family, getting more of my sleeve tattooed, and volunteering at a no-kill cat shelter. There’s a local raw food potluck too, and I’m debating on whether to go. There’s going to be about 25 people there, which definitely freaks me out. I hate being so shy sometimes. Maybe this would be a good time to overcome that…

• I love you beautiful souls :)

heyenglish-go to the party—i am sure everyone will be nice!! I get that way too in crowds, I just try and say hi to a few people and they don’t bite :)

yesterday: 3 bananas 1 cup berries large salad with sesame seeds, tomatoes, lemon juice, 1 tbs avocado

didn’t have much of an appetite. going through some emotional stuff with my family and tend to shut down appetite-wise when I have stuff like that going on. will try and eat more today.

Saturday Breakfast 4 bananas 1 cup berries 1 tsp hemp 1 tbs cacao

Lunch 2 stalks celery 1 cup tomato bit of fresh oj on top

Dinner/Snacks 3 bananas 2 romaine leaves to wrap banana 3 stalks celery

Exercise: Ran 4 miles at a 9:00 pace

Stats for the day

1000 calories (not enough grrrr but i ain’t hungry!)

86-9-5….yay! almost hitting my 10% protein!! Man, romaine and celery are 17% protein—who’da thunk?

how’d everyone’s day go? posted mine above!

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

NYCgrrl: I read about your placing in a run, and I just want to offer my congrats! How beautiful and wonderful and how thrilling! Great job, girl. Pretty amazing stuff. In regards to food intake, I also tend to eat less when I am under emotional type of stuff. My stomach gets all jibbly and my body goes into “high alert” mode, and I don’t desire food so much. Looks like you’re going with what your body wants, and I applaud you for that. Just make sure the lower calories today won’t flip you into desiring more fatty foods tomorrow – I only say this because that’s what happens to me, LOL. :-) Nothing more fruit won’t fix.

I myself had a pretty non-811 day of eating! It started out awesome: TreeOfLife and I went strawberry picking and got pounds and pounds of fresh, sweet, sun-kissed berries! So delish…

However, my calories must have been low because passing by the raw restaurant later, I ended up eating A LOT of dehydrated and high-fat foods! I pretty much stuffed my face even after eating loads of strawberries all morning.

Anyway, it tasted great, but now I am realizing I MUST reaffirm my committment to no overt fats/dehydrated stuff for the next month. Fats are such a slippery slope for me; just one taste and I crave more and more and more. So yeah…quitting overts is priority!

Exercise:

45 minutes of kundalini yoga

That’s it! My joints were very sore from all the vinyasa I’ve been doing, so I decided to give it a rest and do a different type of yoga, less stressful on my joints.

I’m excited about tomorrow – can’t wait to be purely fruit again. All the raw restaurant food I’ve been eating has been making me feel pretty clogged inside. I NEED TO CLEANSE!

nyc – Just wanted to say how fabulous it is that you placed 3rd in your run! Rock on! I tend to be an emotional eater, so I eat an awful lot of dates/fats when I’m going through a tough time. I hope everything gets resolved soon!

MOTH – sounds like a wonderful day, regardless of it not being 811! Wanna send me some strawberries? Those are by far one of my fave fruits.

My last 2 days have been baaaaaaaad, but I knew that ahead of time. Last night, we went out to an Indian restaurant for my dad’s birthday, so I ate a lot of cooked vegan. I can’t remember the last time my stomach hurt so much just from all the food. And then today, I met my friends for lunch and had a vegan BBQ wrap, although I did have a side of fresh fruit with it. The only downside was that there were pieces of melon and other fruits mixed together.

Tonight I was doing okay (bowl of tomatoes, 1/2 an avocado, 2 stalks of celery, 1 green onion, and a squirt of lime juice). Then I decided to make a raw butternut squash tabouli for a raw potluck I’m attending tomorrow (yikes, I’m really going!)... It’s totally delicious, and full of olive oil and hemp seeds. So, tomorrow, besides whatever I eat at the potluck, I’m just eating fruit all day.

On Tuesday, we have my leaving lunch at work, but I really don’t want any cooked food. I think I’m going to have a look around and see if any local restaurants have a fruit bowl on their menu. Or, I’ll just bring my lunch as usual and tell my coworkers to order out in my honor, lol.

The only exercise I did today was a 1/2 mile walk. :-/ I got some more of my sleeve completed today, too, so I’m gonna be taking it easy on the weights for the next week. My arm is so swollen that I have killer-looking muscles at the moment! Hehe. If only I really had arms like that!

Alright, enough babbling. Have a wonderful night everyone!

• nycgrrl – I have the opposite problem, I’m an emotional eater. :( I’ve been trying to stick to just fruit or veggies when I need to snack… but it used to be desserts were my comfort food.

moth – How cool about picking all of those yummy berries! I know what you mean about the slippery slope of eating the overt fats. I actually still have some of the almond butter sauce that I had made days ago… the dish was good, but the high fat didn’t make me feel very good.

Last night we went to pick up our CSA bin, and a lady there was upset because she was going away the next day and didn’t want her food to go to waste… so she asked if I’d take her honeydew melon and her eggplant tomatoes! Then we went out to eat dinner with our friends, and we went to my daughter’s favorite restaurant, Ethiopian. It used to be my favorite too, but they have no raw food except a little bit of salad on the family style plate, but no salad to order. So I decided to eat all of the meal, and I loved it. But wow, I felt so stuffed and I’m still not right yet. :(

Today I at a ton of fruit, and I made a yummy dish: eggplant, tomatoes, basil, garlic, onion, and olives – I know, not raw but I was craving them with this dish, and my daughter was on a play date so I walked to the store to get the olives. On the way home I picked a few more pears.

I’m hoping I’ll be feeling better from my cooked food tomorrow. Dang restaurants are my downfall.

my goal over this coming week is to eat MORE calories. I have been corresponding with Adam at GI2MR and he’s really helpful, and he says my main issue now in terms of being able to stick with the diet is that I am not eating enough calories, so then I crave fat whihc is denser.

Anyone else have any goals this week?

My goals are more exercise-related. I’ve really been slacking on the cardio this week, and on getting up early to work out before work. So, tomorrow morning, I WILL be getting up early and I WILL go to the gym before work.I will also do at least 3 40-minute sessions of cardio this week i.e. running 4 miles in the morning.

And yeah, some English friends are coming into town this week, but I’m determined to stick with 811, regardless. This cooked food hangover sucks!

that’s great heyenglish—the cardio is really important. I slacked a bit over the last two weeks as I was transitioning my boys back to homeschooling, and it took up so much of my time and energy, but to get my butt back in gear i am thinking about training for a half-marathon in November in Philly…..ack! Can i do this????

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Nycgrrl: you CAN totally do this! :-D

It’s fun to hear everyone’s goals…helps keep me focused.

My goals for the next week:

1. No overt fats (mostly mono-mealing fruit)

2. 2 vinyasa classes a day (starting tomorrow – no available class today)

3. Write daily (new stuff for my book)

Other then that…I’m pretty open. :-)

• my goal is to log what I’m eating to track it with my counter… I don’t think I’m eating enough calories, and then end up craving overt fats.

And I’m still getting over my cooked food hangover… so no more cooked food this week. :)

Today, I’ve only had half a peach, a handful of blueberries, and a little bit of raw banana bread. I need to go eat a huge salad for lunch, because I’m feeling woozy!

Littlegems—yep, you definitely need to eat more!!! you can do it! thanks moth for your encouragement re the half marathon. I am really thinking about it, but i need to make a decision quick as it’s the Philadelphia Marathon and Half-Marathon and it fills up early. Plus I’d need to make hotel reservations. You sound like you have good goals for this week…what are you writing about? I am thinking of starting to write as well,. I have written one book which was published last year, but this time I am thinking memoir? i don’t know. I am so busy as it is!

today was a good day. I did cheat a little with some tortilla chips at a birthday party for one of my son’s friends, but considering the mom made a HUGE amount of delicious vegan mexican food, I am proud of myself! I ate a bunch of cantaloupe and raspberries she had out, had a sip of fruity sangria and RESISTED LOL. mostly cuz I wanted to run later, which I did (4 miles) and didn’t want to have a full tummy.

So anyway, today I ate 6 bananas, 3 apples, 1 lb of strawberries, 1/2 cup of frozen spinach (in my morning smoothie)

greens included a Salad with 3.5 oz of lettuce (trying to get that up to 6), 1 tsp hemp seeds, juice of one lemon and a drizzle of flax seed oil.

overall i ate 1300 calories, and my stats were 84-8-8

I ran 4 miles.

Littlegems—yep, you definitely need to eat more!!! you can do it! thanks moth for your encouragement re the half marathon. I am really thinking about it, but i need to make a decision quick as it’s the Philadelphia Marathon and Half-Marathon and it fills up early. Plus I’d need to make hotel reservations. You sound like you have good goals for this week…what are you writing about? I am thinking of starting to write as well,. I have written one book which was published last year, but this time I am thinking memoir? i don’t know. I am so busy as it is!

today was a good day. I did cheat a little with some tortilla chips at a birthday party for one of my son’s friends, but considering the mom made a HUGE amount of delicious vegan mexican food, I am proud of myself! I ate a bunch of cantaloupe and raspberries she had out, had a sip of fruity sangria and RESISTED LOL. mostly cuz I wanted to run later, which I did (4 miles) and didn’t want to have a full tummy.

So anyway, today I ate 6 bananas, 3 apples, 1 lb of strawberries, 1/2 cup of frozen spinach (in my morning smoothie)

greens included a Salad with 3.5 oz of lettuce (trying to get that up to 6), 1 tsp hemp seeds, juice of one lemon and a drizzle of flax seed oil.

overall i ate 1300 calories, and my stats were 84-8-

I ran 4 miles.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Littlegems – I wish you fruity dreams tonight! I hope that salad was yummy…I still feel sluggish from overdoing it on the overts yesterday. I pretty much did nothing today but work, and then lay around and read, eating lots of fruit. Just had low energy – relaxing and nurturing myself instead of trying to be busy.

NYCgrrl- Wow, you’re a published author! That’s so cool! Congrats! Now you’re an inspiration and role-model for me! I’ve been working on this novel for quite some time, and things are getting pretty crunchy. I feel like I’m in the thick of things now and that I need to devote more time to it. It is a story about consciousness – technically I suppose it would be labeled as “science-fiction.”

Today I ate:

4 soaked dates mushed together with cacao for a quick delight

12 bananas

Several handfuls of strawberries

7 gold kiwi’s

And a tomato-pepper ‘soup’ which I ate with a spoon

I’m satisfied because today besides the cacao I was all fruity! I love how tomatoes and peppers are still considered fruits. . I do have a tummy ache because I overate the gold kiwi, though. Owie!

Tomorrow, I am going to focus on quantity. I want to get into the habit of listening to when my body is telling me: “enough!”

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

Littlegems – I wish you fruity dreams tonight! I hope that salad was yummy…I still feel sluggish from overdoing it on the overts yesterday. I pretty much did nothing today but work, and then lay around and read, eating lots of fruit. Just had low energy – relaxing and nurturing myself instead of trying to be busy.

NYCgrrl- Wow, you’re a published author! That’s so cool! Congrats! Now you’re an inspiration and role-model for me! I’ve been working on this novel for quite some time, and things are getting pretty crunchy. I feel like I’m in the thick of things now and that I need to devote more time to it. It is a story about consciousness – technically I suppose it would be labeled as “science-fiction.”

Today I ate:

4 soaked dates mushed together with cacao for a quick delight 12 bananas Several handfuls of strawberries 7 gold kiwi’s And a tomato-pepper ‘soup’ which I ate with a spoon

I’m satisfied because today besides the cacao I was all fruity! I love how tomatoes and peppers are still considered fruits. . I do have a tummy ache because I overate the gold kiwi, though. Owie!

Tomorrow, I am going to focus on quantity. I want to get into the habit of listening to when my body is telling me: “enough!”

• hey, no worries about me… I normally eat a lot more! This morning I had to rush though, because after making pancakes for my daughter, and not eating any myself, I had to quickly shower and take her to religious school. I usually eat a huge plate of melon for breakfast, but since she didn’t finish her peach, I finished it with the blueberries and the raw banana bread, which is usually my dessert or snack.

But we stopped at the Farmer’s market on the way home, and I bought $35 worth of fruit, and some lettuce and broccoli. :)

Lunch: 1.5 cups of lettuce, most of a huge green apple, 1 pear, and a bit of lemon squeezed on for dressing. it was delicious.

Then we went to her friend’s birthday party which I helped at, and we got home around dinner time. I blended the eggplant, basil, tomato, olive, garlic, onion dish that I made yesterday (and have a ton left over still) and it made a yummy sauce for my raw pizza (crust was chia/hemp cracker) and the unblended part of the dish on top. I was so hungry that I wolfed that down (my daughter told me to slow down!) and I ate the blended sauce as a dip with a carrot. It was so yummy, I might blend the rest of it and eat it as a soup and dip for my veggies tomorrow.

I end up eating about 4 meals /day since I snack so much at night while I’m working.

I have a pile of fruit that I’m going to eat for my dessert now that I have a chance.

Tomorrow I’ll start tracking my food better, I promise.

I am looking forward to reading your books!