Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Do you miss hot food?

2»

Comments

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Thank you all for the wonderful ideas and suggestions. I LOVE spicy food and haven’t tried and spicy raw recipes yet (I’ve been pretty much living on green smoothies and salads) but would like to.

lulushka8 – what exactly is macrobiotic? I know I’ve heard the term plenty just never knew what it meant. I assume it has to do with no processed foods.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

earlier i wanted something cosy so i had a cup of warm water with miso stirred in and seasoned, it did the trick nicely and all that goodness too, in one cup , wow :P

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

bitt—haha. me neither. it dawned on me that is it pretty queer that we heat our food up until its so hot we have to WAIT for it to cool down so its safe to put into our mouths. so, was it safe for the food to get heated to that point then? (hint hint) =)

• Well, I’m new to raw also…actually so new that I have not “officially” started (although I’m so excited so I keep trying little things out…I made raw gingersnaps…except they didn’t really snap). I also have been wondering if I’ll miss warm foods as we enter into chilly Autumn.I do not have a food dehydrator either but I’m blessed to have a roomate who shares her vita-mix and if you make a raw veggie soup in there it actually warms it up slightly because of it’s intense horsepower and stuff, so that’s a nice little fyi.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

hey smiller450, can you link me up to that raw gingersnap recipe, i couldnt find it on here, and its making me droool just thinking about it, gotta love ginger!

:)

• Hey dodo, I just posted the recipes: http://goneraw.com/recipes/5437-Gingeries They are very autumny!!

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

I can suggest using a double-boiler to gently(very gently) warm your soups. Stir constantly so the soup at the bottom doesn’t get really hot. I wouldn’t even let the water boil; just get hot. It’s a great cook’s device. You can probably get a nice quality, used, double-boiler pot on Ebay, or at a thrift store. It’s easy not to go over, say, 115 degrees. Stick your pinkie in the soup as it warms. When it just starts to get a bit uncomfortable, it’s ready.(I used to make home-made yogurts years ago and used my pinkie:-D )

Also, if you live in a really cold place, heating a nice, heavy, ceramic bowl for your soup and then curling up on the couch with your hands holding a warm bowl of soup is awesome. You can heat the bowl by placing filling it with boiling water for a few minutes. Spicey Mexican soups, warm curries, all of those raw recipes here make fantastic cold-weather soups.