Raw Diet on Yahoo Canada front page

shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I logged on to my computer today and noticed that the Raw Diet is on the front page of Yahoo Canada. The one thing I didn’t understand is why they have a picture of sushi on the front. Someone clearly didn’t do their research. Anyways, one of the articles ends on saying:

“Our bottom line: Our digestive systems have their own enzymes; we don’t need to get them from foods. The benefits of raw-foods diets—reduced cholesterol and weight control—can be achieved by eating more vegetables, fruits and whole grains, limiting foods high in saturated and trans fats, and using portion control.”

As if those are the only benefits? People are so obsessed with weight control they don’t even to thier research to see what’s inside the foods they are eating.

“because the raw-foods diet is so restrictive, its followers are at risk for deficiencies of vitamin B12 and omega-3 fatty acids if they don’t take supplements” Again, who do you know actually looks into what they are eating and wether or not they have some sort of deficiency? I don’t know anybody else other than me and the people on this forum (haha) that do?

I’m sure everyone has heard this all before and I don’t expect responses, but I couldn’t help but share it with others…

http://ca.lifestyle.yahoo.com/health-fitness/ar…

Comments

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

The good thing, raw foodism is gaining enough momentum for someone to have to go after it and comment(as in ANY dietary choice it seems).

The bad is that they clearly are going on general knowledge and not enough background, with incomplete data. For example, not everyone is 100% raw, and if close to it might not be vegan. I eat more raw, but still do some raw milk/cheese and I do eat bee pollen for B12.

Stuff like this annoys me(not you, the media BS)