Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Help FIGHT for Un-Pasturized Almonds !

KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

The grower I buy my almonds from has filed a lawsuit against the FDA, along with 15 other almond farmers, but they need your support. All donations are tax-deductible.

http://www.almonds-from-california.com/cornucop…

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

We as american citizens have the God given and constitutional “right” to be able to choose real, natural and alive food to nurture our bodies…

Thanks for the link, sure would be nice to add support that isn’t connected to a finacial donation.. Some of us are struggling to just simply live…

• KevlarKevlar Raw Newbie

I agree. Times are tough, and I’m struggling too, but Whole Foods sells their “raw” almonds for $8 per pound, and I get truly raw, unpasteurized almonds from this grower for $6 per pound, so I don’t mind donating the money I save to help keep raw almonds legal.

If you’ve ever felt powerless about the FDA’s outlawing of natural food, and wondered what you could do to stop them, this is it.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

Damn, this is fabulous. I’ll put a few pennies in the kitty for this one. The government makes me sick.

• DreaDrea Raw Master

good post!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Bella~ As far as I know, all the Almonds available in all stores are TREATED!!!

Hope and Wish I’m wrong!!!

• I just got some organic raw almonds imported from Spain from Trader Joe’s. Hopefully since they’re not California grown, they’ll be truly raw and organic! I’ll start soaking tonight to see if they sprout.

• Paxton SquiggledyPaxton Squiggledy Raw Newbie

http://www.almondsalive.com/

Not pasteurized, not flash-frozen. $7.00 a pound.

If you email them, they will send you a link to a secure page where you can order.

:-)

I just donated $50.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Kevlar thank you for posting this

PS – Thanks to everyone else too for the helpful links.

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Paxton!! Thanks a ton for that link. That price is $4 cheaper/lb than the Whole Foods I go to for organic/raw almonds. Everybody else just has raw, not organic.

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I got some almonds that were imported from Spain, but they went moldy instead of sprouting. :(

Okay, so I’m confused. Someone from the site kevlar gave the link to said (in a post a few weeks ago on goneraw) that it’s not legal to ship the raw almonds, but that you can buy them from the farm if you go there. I assume that a farm that is sueing over the issue would know if they were allowed to ship the almonds without pasteurizing them first. So is almondsalive.com breaking the law & people can still get unpasteurized almonds shipped from there? Or are they just “raw” meaning “not roasted” like everyone else sells? The whole thing is making me crazy!

• Here’s a link to a (contribution-free) petition for unpoisoned, raw almonds targeting the USDA and California Almond Board. Add your two cents!

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/maintain-th…

• Don’t worry everyone, as soon as Wyld Stallyns gets Eddie Van Halen on guitar the planets will align, and everyone will eat raw! We will be the pioneers of a New World Order!

Excellent!

• LOL That’s hilarious!

^ Most triumphant! :-D

I signed the petition, RawandCooked. Thanks for that.

I recommend everyone do both.

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

Caleb, the almonds you bought are not raw. REALLY! Yes, I know they say they are but they aren’t.