Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

How do I find a chlorine free pool?

southernloversouthernlover Raw Newbie

I love to swim, but can’t stand chlorine’s negative affects. Anyone know how I could find a pool in my area that using something else? I live in DFW area of Texas.

Comments

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Don’t know about your area or where any are located but check out, salt pools or saline pools… I know they have some in France, but that doesn’t help us out in America… LOL

I have a wonderful friend who is planning on installing one… Can’t wait so I can again swim when not at a beach…

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

I think they are very rare. The best thing is to swim in the sea in the summertime.

• i dont get it do they cook bleach or what i thought it was raw

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

southernlover – try to find a clean lake near you, if you can. i really miss doing laps in the swimming pool too – i quit going 5 months ago and it was WAYYYY harder than going raw!

• wait why did you quit swimmin that cant be good for you right

• We have plenty of salt water pools in georgia…..

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Hey, ardes! I’m soooo jealous! I went swimming in some kind of saltwater pool on a vacation once when I was a kid, & I’ve wanted to have one near me ever since.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

I have read recently about oxygenated pools. That sounds like the ticket to me.

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

saltwater pools? Nifty!! I swim in freshwater pools. Angie do you have any water around you?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Yeah, chlorinated stuff at the pool up the street. :( Actually, I’m within a couple of hours of the Great Salt Lake, but I don’t have a car. I’ve never been swimming there, but I guess it is so salty that you float pretty easily. :) There is another lake closer, but it’s so nasty (polluted) that most people don’t like to swim in it.

• may be they need some chlorine in that dirty lake right lol

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

i gave up swimming too winona…it was way harder than going raw!!!!! sigh there is the ocean but honestly here in san diego ill be likely to get some other creeping crud or dragged away by undercurrents or shark bait….wah i want a nonchlorine pool!!!!!!

• I can't stand chlorine either. But, I ended up having to go through swimming pool companies gilbert and having someone build me a salt pool. I love it though!