Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Craving bready/starchy food?

2»

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

yeah it isn’t light and fluffy that’s for sure!! Poemm posted a couple of bread recipes where she used dried yeast, they look really good. I’m going to try using yeast to get it fluffy.

I like making raw jam and putting it on the bread with some raw cream ;)

• kminty3kminty3 Raw Newbie

hey! based on this thread I tried your bread too Zoe.. I love it! however I deydrated mine and long time and it’s more cracker ish than bread.. how many hours do you deydrate? I’ve been eating it all week though..

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

Ooh raw jam and cream! Like scones for cream tea. :) That sounds good Zoe! How do you do your jam? I can imagine just smashing up some concord grapes or berries with a little agave would do the trick nicely! I know I’ve seen a recipe or 2 on here for cream made out of macadamia nuts and such, is that what you use?

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

The issue is I need to lose weight…so 2000 cals or more a day is not an option! About 2500/day would keep me at my current weight. I aim for no more than 1500.

• randommararandommara Raw Newbie

You might try eating raw for a while and forgetting the calories. They raw diet just seems to make weight fall off of me and I eat a lot of oils, nuts , sweet smoothies and avocados. It’s not how many calories but what kind of calories you’re consuming. Just look at most raw foodists, they’re all tiny! I’ve lost 15 lbs already and I’m hypothyroid!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I just blend berries and dates to make jam. The dates help it to thicken up. Your weight will sort itself out if you stay raw.

kminty3 – it does go hard when you dehydrate it all the way. You can moisten it by spraying water onto it out o a garden sprayer, and letting it soak in.

• check out the raw sprouted bread “earth seed” or “manna” they are very moist and are usually found in the refrigerator section of the health store..

i had the earth seed bread with sprouted rye, carrots, and raisins.. its so delicious!

after trying these breads and tasting how moist they are.. I can’t eat regular bread, it just taste to dry and over done!