stomach hurts really bad!!

So pretty much I’m feeling super super queazy right now.. I didn’t eat anything out of the ordinary; I eat basically the same things everyday. I’ve had bananas, oranges, and cashews.. Thats it. And only a handful of cashews, not too many or anything. I don’t understand why all of a sudden I’m getting such a horrible tummy ache! :( It’s lasted since like 3 today… Any ideas?

Comments

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

If you ate the cashews near the same time as the banana or orange…you combined fat (cashews) with fruit…

That spells severe indigestion and bloating for me.

I used to be able to combine them when I first went raw. But over time, I just got more and more sensitive…now I do not combine fats with anything, except maybe greens, sans fruit.

Nowadays, anything fatty plugs me up for hours.

Also, are you sure your cashews are truly raw?

I would drink only water until your indigestion clears.

• MOTHMOTH Raw Newbie

It WILL pass…sorry you’re not feeling well! ::::hugs::::

• pianissimapianissima Raw Newbie

eating only fat and sugar is not really advised on any diet, even raw. (and cashews aren’t actually raw unless they are VERY specially processed)

is there some reason you aren’t eating greens or vegetables? they are far more nutrient-dense than fruit or fats, and greens help settle everything, including your stomach.

you could also try making yourself your some ginger tea, or sucking on some raw ginger. that would only be a band-aid solution, but it might help the pain.

hope you feel better too.

• Annabelle77Annabelle77 Raw Newbie

Chelsey, I hear ya! I’ve been sick to my stomach all day, and I did just suck on raw ginger. Hope we feel better soon!

• Moth: Thanks hon! Maybe that is it. I have always been able to pretty much ignore combining rules… maybe it’s time to smart up about them! but yeah, it kept hurting all night and today I had to come home from school early and I just called in sick for work too.. not a fun day! :( but yeah the thought of eating really grosses me out right now so water it is! And to be honest, I’m sure the cashews probably aren’t really raw; I’ve kind of let that slide. Which I know is not a good idea! My body must just be getting to the point where I have to be much more careful..

pianissima: I actually eat vegetables nearly every day, but later on in the afternoon. the only reason I hadn’t yesterday was because my stomach started hurting so much that I didn’t eat anything! but yeah, cashews (unless truly raw) are out.

annabelle77: I’m sorry!! I hope you get better too hon!!

and thanks you guys for the advice..

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

My stomach hurts when I don’t eat enough. It keeps me from forgetting to eat though!

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Fruit + fat (cashews) = pain, gas , bloating, indigestion. MOTH is right on. Even raw cashews are intolerable to me.

• jeeq la weez. oops. god now my mom thinks my veganism is causing extreme diarrhea… great. lOl

• FruginiFrugini Raw Newbie

From what I’ve read, combining an acid fruit with a nut is okay. Maybe it was the banana?

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

sometimes I get diarrhea if I combine too much acid fruit with too much coconut oil. I guess that is the same as mixing fruit and fat?