Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Favorite way to use onion bread

I have had some extra time in my days and I am making raw dishes and not just having salads, smoothies, and fruit. I have found I am now constantly thinking about food as a result.

Today I finished dehydrating a batch of onion bread. Just glorious. I have been eating sliced tomato and fresh basil sandwiches all day. I told a friend I would take her something to eat made with my onion bread.

Suggestions? What is your favorite onion bread sandwich or other way to use onion bread?

Comments

• kandacekandace Raw Newbie

Hummus + tomato + avocado = delicious

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Half inch thick slice of juicy tomatoe smothered in Zoe’s spring onion cheeze or dill cashew sauce encased with the onion bread… OMG, I’m drooling and I feel tomatoe juice running down my arm… Sluuuuuuurp!!!LOL

• CalebCaleb Raw Newbie

Pizza: sunflower seed cheese as the base, marinara sauce on top, for toppings I use whatever I can find, olives, onions, cucumber slices, etc.

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

The lasst time I went camping I made a big round one to make a pizza, it traveled really well and I was quite happy with it. I used pesto sauce mixed with a little nut cheese, fresh tomatoes and olives for the topping.

Oh yes and in a sandwich with lettuce, tomato and dried eggplant, it’s excellent that way. The texture is like a blt.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

When you guys make your onion bread, how thick is it after you dehydrate it? I keep thinking it will get too thin with dehydration and it will break.

My last batch of onion bread looked like the large rice cakes. I can only eat an open-faced sandwich because I would injure myself if I tackled two slices at once.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

PLT! pickle, avocado, tomato.

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

Meditating~ Oh NO, Please don’t injury yourself… LOL I spread it pretty thin, about 1/8 inch and some about 3/8 inch… I have no idea how thick/thin it should be from the original recipe… Maybe the author will let us in on the secret… GRIN

• My last batch i actually turned into “onion Bajee bread ” by adding some garam masala/curry powder. It was awesome and I made a huge cauliflower/cashew/zuchinni curry to go with it. I just kept scoopin it up! Normally however I love my onion bread with piles of guacamole or seed cheeze. It really hits the spot when I need something “filling”

• sweetpeasweetpea Raw Newbie

Straight out of the drier with coconut oil.

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

cool idea geespeen! ~ an Indian version of Onion Bread?!
    I love curry & garam masala… mmmmmmmmmmm :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

The only thing onion bread does for me is turn me into an inflated balloon of flax overload. Oh how i cannot tolerate flax bred or crackers :(.