dehydrators

dodododo Raw Newbie

hihi, my hubby is buying me a dehydrator, we cant afford an expensive one like the excalibers, there are several that have just the one temperature setting of 40c (104f), is that ok or is it a case of the lower the drying temperature the better?

many thanks in anticipation :)

Comments

• springleafspringleaf Raw Newbie

Bit of a warning. I bought a “L’Equip 528 Food Dehydrator” it didn’t dry food very well, was a pain to use and a pain to clean. In fact was such a pain that I gave it to a charity shop! I would recomend saving up for the excalibur, or not wasteing your money. I just now wish I had spent the money on something else, like recipie books for example or lots of raw goodies like cacao powder.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thank you for the warning springleaf. did you buy an excaliber in the end and how do you find it?

• I have heard many people talk about the good4u dehydrator, saying that it is a really great product. It is priced about $50 cheaper than the Excaliber, so it is a little cheaper (and that is for the 10 tray – the 6 tray is even cheeper). I have also heard that it is quieter than the Excaliber and that the self closing drawer design is really nice. It is the one the I am considering buying.