Why do I all of a sudden have a loss of interest in Veggies??

So I’m almost 3 months along in my raw diet since transitioning. But even before I started raw, my diet consisted of mainly fruits, veggies, and whole grains, so the transition was fairly easy to me since it included eating all the things I already enjoyed eating. As of recently however, ive been having a tough time with all things in my personal life, that it’s affected my eating habits and diet. As of almost two weeks now, I have completely lost interest in vegetables. Not even the green smoothies I used to make every morning tast wonderful to me anymore. I tried eating a salad the other day, but non of the veggies i included (and they were all my favorites) appealed to me. I only ate the fruit. And that’s all my body seems to be wanting- fruit and more fruit. And it wasn’t like I was lacking in it, I feel I always balanced out well my fruit and veggie intake. Does this sound familiar to anyone?? I’m concerned because I don’t know why i can’t eat vegetables anymore, but it’s been causing me a lack of energy which has made my interest in exercising go down, which is sad because I love to workout! Can anyone maybe refer some raw books or sites that further explains the raw diet in detail and really outlines it to inform you on how to receive all the needed nutrients??? Thanks!

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Your body naturally wants different things at different stages. I started off eating loads of recipes, nuts and fats. Then I ate just green salads, then I juiced a lot, then I ate loads of fruit. Then back to greens….

I have found that it is best to listen to what my body wants and to give it just that.

In victoria Boutenko’s book 12 Steps to Raw, she talks about how her son would eat nothing but mangoes for weeks on end. He was diabetoc, she was worried and asked her holistic doctor if it was OK. He said, yes because there is something in mangoes that heals diabetes. His body knew it needed mangoes, and when he had his fill, his diet re balanced itself ad he ate more of a variety.

I have noticed that kind of thing happening in my life too.

If you don’t feel like eating vegetables, then eat something you do feel like, and don’t worry about it. Sounds like you are doing great ;)

• Thank you so much!

Strangely enough about your mango story, I too have mainly been eating mangos! I seem to only want to eat fresh mangos and dried mango strips with chili! every now and then I crave some frozen grapes or peaches, but mainly it’s been mangos. I’m on some vitamins, but I was worried about my eating – thinking i’m not receiving enough nutrients and that I could be harming my health, but I know eventually it will pass and I may balance back out to greens, but lately all i’ve been thinking about also is juice fasting, which i’ve never done, so i’m going to look into that. Just as of lately, all food pretty much has been leaving me feeling bad and sick – I think it’s time for a break from solids.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I go through this all the time. I used to eat almost solely fruit and just this week all I’m craving and big unpeeled carrots! I love them and I love eating them and I’m enjoying it like crazy. Sometimes I want only salads and sometimes all I crave is cabbage. It’s so fun!

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Yes if you are sick of everything a fast would be a good idea. I have fasted one day a week for a while to balance myself.

• I am only into the third month now, but I remember one week where all I wanted was romaine lettuce and apples. So weird for me. I had all these great rcipes and salads in the fridge, but all I wanted was slices of apple wrapped in romaine.

for some reason this week, all I want for dinner is grapes and bananas. So strange, but I had already read about the strange cravings, so I didn't think much of it.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

yeah i go through phases where veggies are less appealing. but i do usually force myself to have them because i will feel less healthy off them. but you can certainly experiment and see how you feel on different things.