Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Add Your Own Pictures

kandacekandace Raw Newbie

You can now add your own picture to any recipe on the site! Here are a couple examples that I just added:

Here is a recipe that didn’t have a picture before: http://goneraw.com/recipes/134-Almond-Juliette

Here is one where I added a second picture: http://goneraw.com/recipes/80-Cinnamon-Rolls

We’ll be finessing this feature in the next few days. In the meantime, looking forward to seeing your pictures!

Comments

• greenghostgreenghost Raw Newbie

Hi kandace I’m having some trouble changing my avitar photo…. do you know if anyone else is still having this issue? I’m just wondering….
    thanks! ;)

• I just joined and I can’t add anything to my profile. I write stuff and click the save change button and then it all blanks out except my email.

?...... strange…. I feel like I’ve tried a bunch that were much smaller in size than the one I currently have (even photos that I wouldn’t even want anyone to see!! lol) but can’t seem to figure it out.
    Puzzling indeed. :)

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Wow that is a great change Kandace and Ray, I love it, seeing variations and different styles of presentation is just going to be fab!

Greenghost, sid23 Maybe Kandace will see your question here, but if not, you can email Kandace with your tech issues her email address is on her profile. They have been updating everything this week, so maybe it will be back to normal (or better, knowing K&R!) soon.

Thanks for the tip Zoe.... I’ll give it a bit more time….. and if there is still an issue then email if nec…,
    but I do appreciate your advice. :)

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi kandace:)...i love the new feature of adding additional pictures to recipes! when you have a few minutes ,could you please tell us more about it?

is there a limit to the number of additional recipe pics?

is there any way of knowing who posted the additional picture?

is it o.k. to post more of our own pics on our recipes if there is a variation we would like to show?

should the author of the recipe always have their own picture as the main one?

i had noticed when someone posted a pic on one of my recipes ,that new pic became the “main” picture on the recipe, and my original pic became the #2 pic. i reloaded my picture, then the new picture someone else added was gone. i posted an additional pic on someone else’s recipe,and noticed my picture became the main picture, so i deleted it. in some cases, however, my additional picture is shown as the #2 picture.

edit 8/25…there are several recipes i have now tried to add a picture to that accepts my image as the main(#1) picture

thanks for your time in this matter:)

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Wow Kandace! This is a really amazing feature. It gives us more reason to test other recipes and photograph them. It’s our own raw test kitchen!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Kandace or Ray I can’t change my profile photo help

I haven’t seen any photos/avitars for any new members lately either.
    The problem must be a glitch that is still being worked on.
    Cheers…..

• evergreenevergreen Raw Master

hi everyone…is anyone else adding their own pictures to other recipes? most times when i try, my picture is replacing the original picture as posted by the author of the recipe , so i delete it right away..is anyone else having this problem?

• I cannot add an avatar photo or add my blog website address. I type in the address, hit enter, and it tells me it’s been successfully updated. But it hasn’t! It also will not accept any size avatar. Anyone gotten this to work yet???

• I can’t upload any avatar photos. It’s very small, less than the maximum. Please fix.

• I’m having the avatar problem as well, it won’t upload… the page just refreshes itself. Any help?

• I’m having the same problem with the site not uploading my profile pic…..hopefully someone is working on it. My dog keeps asking why his picture isn’t up yet! Ha! Cheers!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

hey guys, you should check out other threads in the Gone Raw forum – this stuff is being talked about. I think the administrators are planning on finishing a major surprise update this weekend with lots of new features and a complete fix of all the problems. Currently no one can update their profiles till the update is complete. :)

• What happened to the wonderful BIG pictures of the recipes?? All of them I have viewed so far are all little now. Is that the new format now?

• Well, we were having an issue with the pictures when we moved to the new system. I had to make a quick decision between them and I chose the smaller ones, the large ones were causing big issues.

However, I will replace the big ones for the recipes again as I have the time. It will just take some time for me to drop them back into place. I apologize for the appearance at the moment!

• BluedolfinBluedolfin Raw Newbie

Hi Kandace~

All the hard work y'all are doing is really showing!!! Thank you!

A few issues:

* I tried to click on the links you posted for the recipes and what displays is the front page of the Recipes Tab. The recipe does not display. To display the recipes I searched on their actual name.

* Only one picture displays in the Cinnamon Rolls recipe (unless I went to the wrong one).

* Suggestion: Displaying the username of the person who posted the picture would be a great feature (maybe under the picture or to the side?). That way, one knows who posted the picture and can address any comments/questions to that person.

Browser is Firefox 3.0.4

Again, thank you for all your hard work and future hard work to make this a great site.

Sending you lots of coding energy.

PS. Fingers are crossed that your will bring back the Recent Posts feature. I miss it. :)

• THANK YOU Ray for answering my questions. I REALLY like the big pictures. I can hardly see the little pictures, even with glasses on.

• Yea, I go to the main page also when I clicked on the recipe links. I also don't yet see an option for me to add pictures to other people's recipe yet.

I did try posting two pictures to a recipe and it would onlky let me do one pic. But the picture was was not tiny and a good size. Very nice.

• I can't update my avatar photo. I tried deleting the current one, saving it, then loading a new one (45kb). It put the old one back up.

I tried checking the delete current photo at the same time as loading the new one. That didn't work either.

What am I doing wrong?

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Hi, I went through this very scenario about a month ago. You have to make the new pic very small, I think I remember 80X80 or so, then it will take. Delete the old one first of course. =)

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Click here and check reply #22 for some tips on inserting pictures. This specific post is directed at recipe pictures, but I believe it's true for avatars as well.

If you still are having trouble, you could use the "Feedback" link in the bottom right corner and send a message OR email Kandace directly (kandace at needmoredesigns.com) and explain the problem. She's usually pretty quick with replies.

• Kandace-the links that you posted do not go directly to the recipe but to the front page of the recipe section.

I'm not Kandace, but those links were provided before the upgrades late last fall, and are no longer valid. Apparently, a number of the links posted prior to the upgrade did not translate into the new system.

Also, I believe we lost the ability to post multiple pictures with the upgrade.

If you'll tell us specifically what you are trying to do or find, maybe someone can guide you.

• epmtpdmom- thank you. I was just clicking on the link to see the example of multiple pictures, but if they do not work, then there is no need for me to go looking >.

I think all the pictures are still in there, just not associated with the recipes. If you know who posted the recipe, you can go from their profile to their track. There are "images" listed for several members, that seem to be holdovers from the multiple pic options. But, yeah, it's one of the nice features we lost with the upgrade. But overall I think the upgrade is significantly better than what we had before.

• Hello Why am i not able to replace my profile photo? I deleted the old, then uploaded the new. nothing shows.