Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Any Good Raw Olives?

germin8germin8 Raw Master

Hi, I like black olives and Greek olives… and I just bought my first raw olives. They were Botija, dried, with sea salt. My husband like them… but, I didn’t. Can someone recommend good raw olives. I’m looking for some that taste Greek (like the Botija)... and also some that aren’t so strong like a regular black canned olive. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

I liked the raw olives that David Wolfe sells. They were greek, I believe.

• queenfluffqueenfluff Raw Newbie

I love David Wolfes Herbed Olives. They are my favorite kind.He sells many different varieties. The Herbed Ones are just regular raw black olives with some herbs added. They don’t come in a brine so I make a water and salt one and soak them in there. Yum!

Also Santa Barbara Olive Co. sells some raw sundried California black olives. You have to order them from their site if you can’t find them in the store. I emailed them and they said they were raw. They were my favorite canned olive before. Just a regular plain black California Mission olive.

http://www.sbolive.com/default.asp

• humanimalhumanimal Raw Newbie

Sun dried Peruvian olives with no salt no spices, just the taste of the olive :) They are on Dave’s site. Check them out!!

• Naturalzing.com has great olives. I got sundried olives from David’s site, tried one and almost got sick. Althought, I am not a big olive fan. I only use them in my mixed salads, along with lemon for flavor.

• just posted how to make sun olives.. it is really so easy.. don’t throw away your money on little jars from far away! click here

• germin8germin8 Raw Master

Thanks for the info… I got my olives from Natural Zing. I didn’t like the 1st I bought and didn’t want to waste money on something I wasn’t going to eat. Most seem to recommend Dave’s olives. Never even heard of him, but I’ll check it out!

Hmmm, make my own sundried olives? I didn’t think I could. Thanks ofek.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

jaffe brothers organic foods here in my town have tree ripened, sundried, greek style olives go to www.OrganicFruitsandNuts.com...i go between them and my regular henrys for nuts and seeds and dates. I havent bought in bulk yet, but may for cashews almonds and dates…

• kauaigirlkauaigirl Raw Newbie

I don’t like sundried olives either…too salty!

Sunfood’s Power Olives are awesome!