Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

New, pregnant, and very excited!

Hello, lovelies! I’ve been lurking around here for quite some time, and I made an account not too long ago but I’ve yet to introduce myself. I’m a 25 year old mother of one and soon to be two, I’m already in veeeery early labor, haha, but for me that lasts about a month before I actually give birth, so it shouldn’t happen hopefully until the second week of October. I’ve been married for 2 years to a very accepting guy who is very supportive of me and my ever changing lifestyle.

I was raised as a SAD eater, although my extended family are very militant Seventh Day Advetists, so actually most of my family are vegetarian, and I grew up eating things like seitan and Morningstar Farms regularly. I didn’t go vegan myself until after giving birth to my son, who will be two years old in a month. I gained an enormous amount of weight during the pregnancy, on top of the 20 extra pounds or so I was carryng around my whole life, and 6 months after he was born, I realized that I hadn’t lost a single pound I had gained during the pregnancy. I looked awful, like a person I didn’t even know. I decided to take back control of my life and lost 70 pounds eating healthy, or what I thought was healthy, and getting regular excercise. It was during that time that I returned to vegetarianism, and eventually veganism.

Now I have discovered raw foods and I am very determined to maintain a high percentage of raw until the end of my pregnancy and breastfeeding period, after which I plan to do a solid detox and work towards 95%, with a goal of 100% after that. I have done a lot of horrible (and illegal) things to my body, and I know it’s still lurking inside me somewhere. I can’t wait to flush this stuff out, and I’m so thankful that the human body is so willing to heal itself, even after years of torture. I am choosing to wait to detox and go very high raw (currently around 60%) because of my pregnancy. My insticts are telling me to wait, mostly due to the nature of what my body will be kicking out :)

This site, and forum especially, have been my strongest source of motivation, besides my body itself. Thanks to everyone for just being here, and I hope to post lots in the future. I’m going back to school as soon as I establish a semblance of a pattern with two very young children. I plan to pursue my Master Herbalist certificate, as well as a CNHP certificate and a BS degree in Holistic Nutrition, natural hygeine style :) I’m hoping to attend the University of Natural Health, although my mind isn’t fully made up yet. I definitely don’t plan on taking clinical nutrition. Anyway, this novel is freaking long, but you guys are great, and I can’t wait to start participating!

EvilxDay

Comments

• EvilDay- Welcome and congratulations on your upcoming bundle of joy and on becoming more healthy! GREAT attitude too! How fortunate your children are to have such a wise mother to raise them in true health awareness from the beginning. :)

• EVILXDAY – Congratulations on your pregnancy! I am happy to hear GR is a positive experience for you. Me too.

I have really been digging the high raw thing too. I started a mini farm in my backyard and am hoping to grow app. 70% of my food, all organic of course. I started very late this year and, if the frost holds off long enough, I have 19 tomato plants that have green fruit and 42 bell pepper plants whose flowers are dying now. I think the tomatoes will make it but I have reservations with the peppers. Its so sad to because I tended to them daily and was a very attentive keeper.

Eating raw natural foods seems to make you focus on the essential and sustaining things in life. I don’t use the term sustaining just in an environmental way. It seems all my priorities have become readjusted for the better.

Peace and wishing for you a wonderful birthing.

• welcome! Please let us know how your pregancy goes with high raw! I’m so excited for you!

• Welcome & congratulations!