making house smell like cookies?

chicorychicory Raw Newbie

soo…... I understand prospective house buyers can be lured into a sale if the house smells of warm fresh baked cookies! well, I can’t eat cookies, and can’t use fragrance or candles because I have budgies, so how to replicate that intoxicating aroma? any good recipes? sometimes my dehydrated foods taste a lot better than they smell if you catch my drift

Comments

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

If your goal is just to make the house smell like cookies then buy a small package of slice and bake cookies and put some dough in the dehydrator. It will run longer so the scent should last longer.

I hope you sell your place. :)

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

sadly, i can’t handle them.. a lot of time handling wheat products gives me a rash. At barnes and noble I have to stay minimum of 20 feet away from the cafe, or I get a histamine reaction

• The cookies thing isn’t set in stone. My real estate agent told me to do bread before my open house. I know that buckwheat crackers smell like bread in the dehydrator.

Tomatoes in the dehydrator smell wonderful! I think the idea is to generate the scent of home and comfort. I’m not Italian but I still love the smell of tomato sauce simmering, hence the smell of tomatoes dehydrating. That might work for you?

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I don’t think it has to be cookies, but any comforting home baked smell works well. Where do you live? This time of year in Northeast fall is hitting and apples/cider is a better smell to me personally than cookies are. Perhaps gently simmer some mulling spices, or an orange studded with cloves? Best of luck selling the house!

• ungratefulungrateful Raw Newbie

I agree with blueyz. A pan of water on the stove, low heat, with spices, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg and some orange peel will smell wonderful