Need Advice On Food Diversity

ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Greetings, I’ve been eating Organic Vegan for almost 4 years now, since last week I also stared eating raw, about 80-90%, but I feel kinda bored with my food, been eating mostly greens&sprouts, lots of nuts as well and fruits for breakfast and between meals, its not that I have cravings for cooked food, its just that sometimes I don’t feel like eating any of what I have mentioned, part of the problem is that in Israel Organic isn’t that big yet, so the diversity of fruits&veggies isn’t that big, anyone got any advice?

I was also wondering about sprouted beans, at the moment I buy them from the store(soon I’ll start sprouting myself) but sometimes they have a really nice taste and sometimes they are sour and really doesn’t taste good, is there something that causes them to be sour? something I do?

Comments

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

Sprouted beans can be a bit nasty, although some people say they can do them and they’re delicious. I’ve never managed it, I stick to sprouting sunflower seeds.

It sounds like you’re in need of a few recipes, there’s plenty to try on this site. You might get really into it and enjoy experimenting, then it might help make your food more interesting.

I know it is better to eat organic, but for me at the moment it isn’t that do able, I only eat maybe 30% organic. I have eaten all organic, but it didn’t make much difference to me, maybe I didn’t do it for long enough, I’m not sure. I just make sure I have plenty of variety of fresh raw food. Personally being raw is more important than being organic, that’s how I deal with my current situation and lack of fresh organic produce – but I know other people have strong views about things having to be organic.

• ras-saadonras-saadon Raw Newbie

Cool thanks for the info, I’ll try some recipes.

Yea sunflower sprouts tastes very very nice, also liked broccoli, I can do the beans even when they are sour, was just wondering if it I was that doing something wrong because sometimes they are very nice..

About organic well for me its a must, as a Rastaman I believe in the purity of the body, and I refuse to eat food which is filled with chemical&hormones, I kinda know what you mean as feeling a change, I didn’t feel such a big change when I started organic(physical I mean, mentally it was huge) but a few months ago I was traveling and had to eat some non organic and it was horrible, it felt like nothing had any taste and never felt satisfied after I eat, felt full but not nourishment

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

ras – i agree, the taste of conventional is what really kept me eating organic. I’m lucky to have access to lovely organic food. It sure is tasty!

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

ras-saadon, as far as diversity, greens have a wide diversity of nutrients in them. they are probably the best bang for your buck for nutrition. think outside the box: use parsley, beet tops as well as bottoms, herbs have nutrition too. you can sprout your own sprouts from seeds to increase diversity in your diet. you can probably order clover, broccoli sprouts online.