My Energy Soups are giving me tummy aches

So I have been embarking on the wonders of energy soups for lunch. I have taken different ideas from many different recipes and put together a few of my own. However, the last couple days I have gotten a tummy ache from them. I am wondering if I am eating too many apples or maybe it’s the beets? Here’s my day through lunch:

Breakfast: apples (2-3) Lunch: energy soup with 4c greens, 1c mung bean spouts, 3 stalks celery, 2 apples, 2 small beets, 1/2 avocado, 2c (or so) water

When I was doing soups last week I didn’t have beets and was using banana instead of apple but apples are in season around here right now. Maybe I’m gorging? Anyway if anyone sees anything like food combination or has any experience with any of the foods I am mixing together, I would love to hear from you!

Comments

• Hello, could it be the avocado? I know I don’t like it in smoothies, i prefer to eat it separately, but that is my own experience only. Apples are fine, the other ingredients too. The sprouts were fresh?

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

I don’t see any problem with your food choices, provided you have no sensitivities to any of them. My question to you is: how much water are you drinking? The foods you listed have a lot of fibre in them. There are different kinds of fibre as well, and you are taking in lots of it, which is excellent, but you have to drink enough water to help move it through you. Some people find bananas a bit binding. It’s possible that the switch to 4-5 apples from a banana or two (or more) has taken your tummy in a different direction all of a sudden. Are the apples quite sour? That could bother you a bit. Are you eating the apple seeds? They’re good for you, but if you’re not used to eating them, they could be a bit irritating to your stomach at first. Take your water intake way up and see if it flushes everything out, including the tummy aches. If not, you may need to eat each of your ingredients as mono meals for a few days or so to figure out which one(s) might be causing you discomfort.

• My mother and I both found out that we were “sensitive” to mung bean sprouts. We also had indigestion symptoms ( among others ). We both seem to do well with the lentil sprouts which is another energy soup ingredient.

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

The thing to me that stands out in all the is the amount of apples! If I ate that amount daily I’d be in major belly pain, I can’t do much more than one apple daily(sister and niece can’t either, think it’s just a genetic sensitivity thing).