recommendations on blue green algae

tbone13tbone13 Raw Newbie

hi,

can anyone recommend a brand and place to buy blue green algae? i hav never tried it but have heard great things.

if you dont mind, could you please lmk your good/bad experiences with it.

tyvm

Comments

• www.E3Live.com & www.AncientSunInc.com My 2 favorites.:) E3Live has:(Renew Me & Brain On) & Ancient Sun has:(Cryatal Manna & Blue Manna) LIFE CHANGING!!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

I drink a lot of it every day. The brand to buy is Crystal Algae, because it is preserved with special processes and is the most inexpensive you can get it for its quality. It is awesome. No cons from my experience.

http://www.crystalalgae.com

• ZoeZoe Raw Newbie

I found the algae thing really confusing when I first started to get interested in it.

Spirulina is blue green algae that has been farmed, pretty cheap and effective.

Klamath Lake blue green algae is wild, and more expensive but it’s the same stuff as spirulina.

Crystal Manna – very expensive and it is just the blue bit from the wild Klamath Lake algae. It is pretty gorgeous.

E3 Live – very, very expensive, it is frozen Klamath Lake wild algae that has never been dried or messed with, it is just right out of the lake and frozen. I have never had it but am contemplating a 8 hour round trip to our “local” raw food cafe to try some, coz the sell shots of it!

I find that when I start using them I have a lovely effect. But after a week or two it really wears off and I end up stopping using it. I don’t use them all the time, just now and then when I feel like it. And I use spirulina, I don’t buy the Klamath Lake or the Manna any more, IMO it just isn’t worth the extra money. Spirulina is perfectly effective, there are some great brands so that even though it is farmed and not wild, it is still grown in the ocean and organically. I can’t remember the names of any but one was from Hawaii. Also the one that Funky Raw sells is the best tasting I have ever had, here’s the link www.funkyraw.com

RawKidChef – that’s a good deal thanks for the link ;)

• jenny2052jenny2052 Raw Newbie

I’m crazy about E3 Live, which I buy from e3live.com. I’ve had great experiences with it—I love to have it in the mornings with grapefruit, it’s so much more effective for me than coffee (and I was a coffee enthusiast!). I don’t get the frozen liquid kind because I can’t afford to buy so much at once, but I’ve really enjoyed the convenience of the dried flakes. They have an informative page about their drying process that made me very comfortable with using it.

Personally, I didn’t experience much of an effect from spirulina, but I feel a drastic difference in my energy and mood when I take E3 Live. It’s one of the few supplements that I can say without hesitation “work” for me. I haven’t tried any other brand of blue-green algae, though, so I can’t compare. Perhaps after I run out of this batch I will! E3 live is very expensive, but I don’t use it every day, so it tends to last me a very long while.

Hey Zoe, great comparison! But I find spirulina just doesn’t digest for me. I process Wild Klamath Algae, though, digests well, maybe because it’s wild? I always buy the Crystal, because it’s light and digestible. I’ve tried E3Live and it’s similar, but way more expensive and I find it slightly weaker.

• I used to work for ancient sun (www.ancientsuninc.com) and they use a method of drying called refractence window drying which essentially keeps the cell of the algae intact. There is no freeze or spray drying. I have had amazing healing experiences with AFA and have seen even more. I even give the crystal manna to my dogs. I started giving it to my puppy Lola, when I first found her as a stray and full of parasites and other yuck. She was on it for two months before we had her spayed. The day she came home from surgery (the same day as surgery) she had no pain and wanted to play outside. Her scar sealed up lightning fast and she has always been super healthy. Blue Manna cured the arthritis in my mother’s foot. It is definitely worth the money.

Crystal Algae also uses the refractence window drying and the algae is great. But, cymbeline, is the blue manna the same as blue green algae? Is all parts of the algae intact? I’ve read blue manna is the blue pigment extracted and I’m a little confused. I feed my cat the algae to and she always flies around the house chasing nothing and putting her back up at me. It’s literally pure energy that stuff. My cat’s spaying scar was supposed to take at least a week to heal, too, and within 3 or 4 days it was healed.

• yardensyardens Raw Newbie

The Crystal algae is on this website:  www.genaturals.com

ClaireT