Lowest fat nut

Which is the lowest fat nut and which is the best ‘butter’ to use ie. the lowest fat of the nut and seed butters?

Comments

• I could be wrong, but for some reason i was thinking it was almonds. I don’t know why that’s popping up in my head, but somebody please correct me if i’m wrong!

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Well, beechnuts! Chestnuts come in second. Here’s a useful chart:

http://www.thenutfactory.com/kitchen/facts/fact…

• achin70achin70 Raw Newbie

Nice chart, RawKidChef!

alabastardragon: If you want some of creaminess normally associated with nuts without overdoing the fat, use pistachios and cashews, like lulushka8 suggested. They are both 67% fat. Almonds are about 73% fat. :)

• lzhptlzhpt Raw Newbie

Well. No wonder i like walnuts! Sheesh! I use sunflower seeds (sometimes just soaked, and sometimes sprouted for many recipes that call for nuts. i just digest them better. I’ve even used them in “frostings” for raw pie/cake. For me, i don’t notice a huge difference.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

lzhpt, I love walnuts too!

I gathered some black walnuts (those green balls that fall from trees outside) without knowing they were black walnuts. I cut the green peel off and there was a black oily-like substance that stained my hands yellow-brown. The brown shells are really hard so I am soaking them in water to soften them. I can’t wait to try them.

• I knew macadamias were the worst – highest fat but didnt actually even know people could eat chestnuts! Interesting!