Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

blood type diet

hey raw people, Does somone know anything about the blood type diet and waht do you think about it? Thank you!

Comments

• worleyhimself2worleyhimself2 Raw Newbie

listen to your body.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

I know about the blood type diet but like worley said, it’s all about listening to your body. In that particular diet you’re supposed to eat exactly what your body needs according to your blood type. The great thing about raw is that when you’re raw you crave exactly what you need. So listen to what you crave and fulfill it. You’ll be awesome!

• dzdz

That is what i think!Listen to your body! Thank you!

• Branwyn32Branwyn32 Raw Newbie

A chiropractor I saw for a while really pushed it on me. Personally I think it’s alot of bunk. I’m type O and apparently I’m the most primitive type, and therefore should be eating tons of meat, particularly red meat. I haven’t eaten red meat regularly in about 10 years. A few bites of it makes me physically ill for a whole day. Um…WHY would I do that?

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

I found the blood type diet several years ago. At that time, it was what went along the best (compared to any other eating/health plan) with what I already knew about how my body responded to certain foods, and it turned out to be a very helpful thing for me. The longer I ate raw, though, the more I noticed that the blood type diet didn’t apply – my body began to handle, and even crave, foods that I had never done well with previously.

• chicorychicory Raw Newbie

hmm…. the only time I ever heard about this, was the first the first time I ever bought virgin coconut oil. The lady behind the counter said she couldn’t eat it because she had type O positive blood… I was thoroughly confused lol!

• blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I have heard of it a few times, and even looked into it but never got hooked. It is interesting to think about it from an evolutionary standpoint(science geek) but then I’d come across stuff that didn’t make much sense overall. Lol, as B is explains my bodies love for milk(only do raw goat now but body loves it) and intolerance for high amounts of chicken. Then again it could just be my body wants natural proteins and not crate raised hormone filled stuff. To me it is like reading a horoscope…most can find someway to make it fit what they do or don’t want to know that day.

• The basis in the blood type diet was research that showed (in general) that people with blood group O produce more stomach acid than blood type A, (can’t remember if B group was mentioned). In consequence, blood group Os are more likely than group As to get stomach and duodenal ulcers, when group As are more likely to develop stomach cancer than group Os. Because of the greater amount of stomach acid, the more easily group Os are able to digest the protein in meat, whereas its more difficult for group As, hence they were more likely to thrive with a veg diet. In addition, there are such things as lectins which can cause real problems as they agglutinate with certain molecules on red cells, unsure of how this would really affect diet, maybe it does, maybe it doesn’t. However, it is the lectin in red kidney beans that prevents us from being able to eat these raw (and can be fatal). Can’t say for sure if the blood type diet really makes an impact as the research was looking at trends as far as I can remember, and blood groups are far more varied than most people realise, so each person’s blood is quite unique. My personal opinion? If raw floats your boat, go with it!

• ivimiivimi Raw Newbie
    blueyz said:

I have heard of it a few times, and even looked into it but never got hooked. It is interesting to think about it from an evolutionary standpoint(science geek) but then I’d come across stuff that didn’t make much sense overall. Lol, as B is explains my bodies love for milk(only do raw goat now but body loves it) and intolerance for high amounts of chicken. Then again it could just be my body wants natural proteins and not crate raised hormone filled stuff. To me it is like reading my horoscope on astrosofa.com …most can find someway to make it fit what they do or don’t want to know that day but when you dig deeper than you can get the real deal

Hi there,

I really appreciate sharing your opinion. I just did some research on this topic and I can find lot's of different opinions. For myself I have to read more and make up my mind what I think about it!

Best,

ivimi