Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Trader Joes raw almonds SPROUTED!

2»

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

I’ll be ordering organic almonds from california now, I suppose. Oh to eat only local food. Maybe one day!

• angie207angie207 Raw Master

Nah, they really didn’t sprout – I peeled them & looked. It was from a health food store here in Utah – we don’t have TJs or Whole Foods here.

Winona – The farms can’t ship the almonds without pasteurizing them first. The only way to get them unpasteurized in California is to go to the farm & buy them in person – and there is a limit of 100 pounds per person per day. Take a trip to Cali with a big suitcase. ;) heeheehee

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Oh, gotcha. :)

• I have some plain ol Trader Joe’s raw almonds and they sprouted just fine. I guess it all just really depends on the batch that they get in. You can always ask them where the nuts come from and how they’re pasteurized. They are pretty knowledgeable about where there products come from.

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

marionvalleygirl, that was really funny xD

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

What worries me is if the almonds are really sprouting, or just absorbing water like a lot of dead materials will. I only hear of the little tips getting slightly larger, never of a real sprout or rootlet.

• ZemphiraZemphira Raw Newbie

Hi folks, I tried to find this information in the newbie section but maybe I missed it. I'm just wondering how long raw almonds last after they have been soaked? I noticed on the sprouting guide from the Raw Table site that it indicates to soak them for 8-10 hours but don't sprout them. I did this to my raw almonds and they tasted fine for a couple days, but I believe it was something like the 5th day I had them in the refrigerator, they tasted very bad so I threw them out. Any ideas?

Thanks and my apologies if this has been addressed elsewhere.

• If you dehydrate them after soaking they will last longer.

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

so is the conclusion that the TJoe's ones from Spain are the best? Because if they ain't so sense spending 3 times on them.