Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Brushing your teeth?

2»

Comments

• SamiliciousSamilicious Raw Newbie

Wow, that’s interesting. I had no idea that genetics have a role in dental health. I thought the quality of teeth and gums really depends on how well you eat and taking care by brushing, flossing, etc. I also thought that going raw would make a difference by improving dental health.

Vala, I’m interested in using tea tree oil as a mouthwash. How do you take it? Do you mix it with water or on its own? And how much do you use?

• peace…i have found a great product called oral elixir from a company called ascended health.

http://www.ascendedhealth.com/products.htm

it’s made of clay, all kinds of herbs and minerals, and loving intention. i love it. they also have several other products that i use – i am beautiful skin oil, sufi bliss oil…beautiful, natural stuff.

• RawKarateGirlRawKarateGirl Raw Newbie

I use baking soda and salt. I just trade off every now and then.

You know its funny because I’ve been trying to brush my teeth with baking soda and I brush as thoroughly as I can until the point that sometimes my gums and tongue starts to burn, but I’m finding that I’m getting more and more plaque build up and yellowing of the teeth, especially at the outline of my teeth near the gums. Any advice on how I can fix this problem? Also, would it make any difference if I try using baking soda and salt together?

I somethimes use baking soda and salt together( I have not done that in a while) but will try that again tonight and see how it works.

• Good ol’ Crest works for me. :-) (don’t hold it against me)

I did try it and really like using it!!

Samilicious, Have you tried it yet???

Not with salt and baking soda mixed together. I’m still using just baking soda. I keep forgetting to mix in salt but I’ll do it tonight for sure. I find that my teeth still have a thin yellow lining that I can’t seem to remove from before. Other than that, it seems to be working just fine without any new build up. Its not that bad but maybe I’ll go to the dentist to get it cleaned off. Hey! And I can use their comments on my teeth so see if the baking soda has REALLY been working for me. And I won’t mention I’m using baking soda. They’ll give the best judgement on my teeth!

I’ve tried with salt and baking soda mixed but I find the salt too harsh for my gums to handle. Maybe I’m using to much in terms of quantity. Anyhow, so this morning my gums burnt so much that I had to spit the contents out and I used some coconut oil to swish around in my mouth and it really helped relieve my gums!! I even brushed my teeth with the oil still in my mouth as well as with some remaining particles of the salt and it went pretty well, though I must admit. I thought that the salt and coconut oil combination was wierd. Looking at my teeth really closely in the mirror, I’d say my teeth are very white with still the annoying thin yellow outline!!! In fact, if I feel the surface of my teeth with my tongue it feels a but rough, not smooth.

Does anyone know how to diminish this rough feeling and/or annoying yellow outline (plaque?) on my teeth? I haven’t made the dentist appointment yet and I will if I remember, but I was hoping there are other options out there like, I dunno, remedies, herbs, methods, etc.

• baking soda, tried it i think its good .

• Luna bluLuna blu Raw Newbie

I eat a ton of garlic and I work closely with the public. I’m a Register massage thereapist. I will try the baking soda and salt thing this weekend after some garlic and see what my hubby says! hope it works! if it doesn’t, it’s back to colgate, I’m afraid!