Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Green smoothies for 30 days

2»

Comments

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

So, i woke up yesterday ready to “smoothie” and realized that i had 2 really ripe avocado’s. I’ve never frozen then before and i had no one to give them to… so, i decided to start the smoothies today and finish up my Avo’s yesterday. So, i’m going to be making my smoothie in a few minutes. Red Leaf Lettuce, 1 banana, 1/2 orange and one apple. I generally make the same smoothie for the entire day. I’m looking forward to this :) I’ll check back in later today.

• For me it was spinach ,2 apples , 2 pears and strawberrys .

Okay, so this morning i ended up changing it a little… about 3 handfuls of red leaf lettuce, 1/2 mango (it was sooooooooo ripe), 1 orange and 1 apple.

I drank it all.

For lunch, i just made about 3 handfuls of the same lettuce, 2 small gala apples, handful of grapes and a banana.

I like this afternoon’s much better. Oh, i’m probably not supposed to, but i threw in a tablespoon of chia (i had it in the fridge and if i don’t use it, it’s going to go bad)... is this a no no?

Has anyone ever used collard greens in a smoothie? I have so many left over from my weekend of wraps ;) I’d like to use them instead of wasting them.

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

collard greens work great in green smoothies! You may want to add some coconut oil or something because they tastes really ‘green’ if you know what I mean. haha

Ha! Thanks for telling me that :) I think i’ll add an extra banana instead – try to get rid of that green taste. I’ll start with just a few and test the waters first – and i’ll “de-vein” them before hand. I’m glad i don’t have to waste them!!!

• troublesjustabubbletroublesjustabubble Raw Newbie

yeah! banana will be great. Okay, genius about de-veining. I should have thought of that!

Glad to help and glad you don’t have to waste! Happy green drinking!

Thanks again :)

Tonight for “dinner” i had a smoothie that consisted of celery, 2 apples and frozen blackberries. Sooooo good. Not sure if this is considered a “green” smoothie, but it sure tasted good :) I just wish apples were cheaper – i think i drank 5 of them today! I should probably start limiting it to 1 per smoothie.

Stormy Rose – i do the same as you do… i smell and i’m okay :) I like your “thought” though! I’m going to have to write that down and keep it with me at Thanksgiving and Christmas – just to remind myself to stay strong!!!

Also, does anyone know what fruits and veggies are more detoxifying? Thanks!!

• Saliva—-6.8 Urine—-8.0

Day 2 went fine not much to report , still a bit hungry .My little one was throwing up last night but he did get to sleep and slept all night .I like the smell of food as well however after a while it does get tempting to eat .

• Hello! I went to the asian market just down the block to buy all my veggies since the farmers market closed down for the year. Bummer. I got a big box of spinach, lots of fruit, and a huge bag of pea sprouts. If you never have tried the pea sprouts, they are heavenly, all geen goodness and taste like little baby peas kinda sweet in shakes too. I had the craziest craving before shopping, I wanted spinach sooo bad how wierd, not any SAD food just greens. One of my green smoothies I liked alot is one whole bunch of celery juiced with some almond milk, a little lemon juice and a pinch of salt, it turned out light green so I think it counts. I got the recipe out of the RAWvolution book. My wheat grass is almost ready, I can’t wait, and I made some rejuvelac for the first time. Not bad!

Most of my smoothies have been 60% fruit and 40% greens. I have added a few extras too not chia seeds but, the almond milk and in the usual green smoothies I like too add maca, it just makes me happy!

So, I still cook for my family and boy they are lucky! I never liked meat in the first place but, last night when I was cooking dinner for the fam OMG, I was sooo grossed out. I didn’t drink much smoothie after that. I think the trick to “getting over” SAD food is to use mind over matter.

Keep up the good work, who knew greens could be sooo good. Like a happy pill.

• Hi pure and simple !!!

I also cook for the familly ( what a drag ) I know what you mean when you say that cooking meat makes you sick !!! I have been a vegetarian for 9 years and a vegan for 5 years .I now want to go 100% raw as I feel that is best for me . I had a headache yesterday not sure if it is detox or comming down with something , either way I am feeling much better today . I had an awsome smoothie yesterday , spinach , pineapple and bananas it was so yummy .today I am going to try endive in my smoothies and see how that goes . take care and talk to you later.

Sorry i didn’t post the past few days – things have been chaotic! So, tonight, i tried the new green smoothie that was posted yesterday – Parsley, Apple, 2 bananas, Orange Juice (but, i did’t feel like juicing these, so i just threw in 1/2 an orange) and a little water. It was pretty good. Much better than i thought a smoothie with parsley would be! I’ve had different variations the past 2 days. This morning (for breakfast and lunch), i had a head of red leaf lettuce, 1 apple, pineapple. Yesterday i had celery, pear and apple. I did the same thing for dinner but threw in a few baby carrots. I have cucumbers, spinach and apple on the menu or tomorrow ;) I have to get some more celery tomorrow. I’m feeling great!!! Pure and Simple – i heard that if you drink green smoothies a lot, you start craving more greens – that’s what i hope happens to me! I’m craving sweets right now, but i’m trying to compensate with the fruits in my smoothies. However, I’d say that most of my smoothies consist mainly of the greens with a little fruit. I’m trying to push the greens on myself :) I’ll try to write more tomorrow…

• So, things have been good-and very green. I’m feeling better and better everyday. Does anyone know how to use watercress in a smoothie? I tried a nibble and it is really bitter. Today the green smoothie turned out more purple than green, cause of the blueberries. I even tried persimmons the other day for the first time.

So, my family is wanting the delicious shakes of mine. I kinda don't want to share, because the shakes are so good but, I know how good all of the green is for them so I feel better when I serve SAD dinner. I keep on letting them try new raw things and they just keep on lovin it.

Today was an exciting day, I put my full deposit on a room and classes for 10 days at the Living Light Culinary Institute. I just had to get it out because no one else would understand how exciting this is. I feel so blessed to have found this community and raw food itself. There are so many people out there that don’t have a clue about SAD food and how it destroys them everyday.I feel like I’m finally finding out who I am and what the rest of my life will be like. Goodness-I guess this is what happens now that my body is clear.

• You sound so excited 10 days of raw food classes ….you lucky girl .I myself have taken 21 hours of raw food classes .I enjoyed them very much and have learned a lot .”yes ” people don’t understand how exciting this is ,I find family worse they just look at me like I have lost all of my marbles and then some . Today …..green endive , 2 pears and banana