new raw food deli in michigan

okraokra Raw Newbie

i’m so excited new america and this new deli!

(somehow i couldn’t go to “talk it up” so i’m posting here,hope its okay….)

little deli call red pepper deli in northville having a grand opening party this friday nov 7th, 6pm to 9pm. some live music and raw food sampling.

just want every one know about this deli and keep them alive! 99% organic, raw, vegan place to go eat!

red pepper deli 116w.main street, northville 248 773 7671

love raw and organic!

Comments

• 1sweetpea1sweetpea Raw Newbie

Okra, pardon my poor local geography, but can you give me your best guesstimate on how long it takes to get to Northville from the Ambassador bridge? I live across the border, in the Windsor area. I’m only 10 minutes from the bridge, by car, but I’m just wondering how worthwhile it would be to truck out to Northville to visit this deli or maybe attend the opening. Yes, I know I can do the google maps thing and probably get an answer that way, but I just wanted to reach out and say hello, since we’re kind of neighbours (Canuck spelling).

Okay, so I googled it and it’s 33.4 miles from my house. Google maps said it would take 48 minutes, not including the extra 48 minutes it might take for some stupid border guard to ask me irrelevant questions and chat me up, while dozens of cars wait in line behind me. I really want to go, but I’ll have to combine it with another cross-border shopping trip to make the haul worthwhile.

BTW, in case you’re interested in crossing the border and coming to Windsor on a Wednesday evening, Taloola Cafe (396 Devonshire Road, Windsor) features a raw vegan guest chef and raw menu, but only on Wednesdays. She calls her un-cooking “nude food”. If there are other raw folks in the Detroit-Windsor area, we could do a raw meetup at each of these places every so often.

• okraokra Raw Newbie

wow, thats great news 1sweetpea! thanks let me know the cafe in windsor! nude food, i like that!

i really really want to go to the cafe but i don’t know i can take day off or not…...if i could, i looooove to join a raw food meet up! (i have only friday off…..) red pepper deli open mon-sat, and i’ll be working there every sat. hope you can come!

red pepper deli is small but cute place, i like they offer some daily entrees and desserts. if you are thinking about to go to raw shopping, zerbo’s health food store and the tree house(health food store) will be good place to stop by, both of them are close to the deli.

hope i can see you soon!

I will definitely make it there soon, though I won’t be able to be at the grand opening. Let’s do a post for a raw meetup in the Detroit/Windsor area and see who else is interested. I’ll post something today.

• My daughter (been vegetarian for 20 years and three babies) and I have enjoyed the Red Pepper Deli.

The food is great and the place is simple and beautiful. the special wheat grass drink is the best one I've had anywhere in USA.

bogie