Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Psoriasis (warning: sensitive topic)

2»

Comments

• DeborahBeeDeborahBee Raw Newbie

Hello 1sweetpea,

This is my experience of psoriasis.

I suffered from psoriasis on my scalp, elbow and knee. It started on my knee and spread to rather large patches elsewhere.

Creams and sunshine got rid of it, but I didn't want to rely on medication and I live in the bloody UK so sunshine is virtually non-existent!

I changed my diet from a standard UK diet to a cooked wholefood diet over two years ago (I was not raw at all). Most notably, I introduced nuts and seeds into my diet. I had never eaten them before this. This would follow with what rawlizard has said in this thread. I ate no processed, refined or junk food.

Not only did my psoriasis clear up but my acne disappeared also.

The psoriasis cleared up within months. I was thrilled as previously only the medication or a sunshine holiday had removed it.

After 6 months of a cooked wholefood diet I went raw and have been for two years now. The psoriasis has never returned.

Please tell your boyfriend that it's imperative he does something with regards to his diet if he is not prepared to take medication as the inflammation of the skin where psoriasis occurs inflames the tissues underneath and the bone. Lots of psoriasis patients suffer from early onset arthritis.

I wish you both well and your boyfriend a speedy recovery.

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

There are so many posts here it's incredible. I couldn't even read them all but felt compelled to add my thoughts.

Psoriasis is totally horrible. I would recommend looking into Dr. Fred Bisci, his book and or calling him for a phone consultation. (fredbisci4health.com) I think that this man who has helped soooooo many people over the past decades could really help your boyfriend. Even though Dr. Bisci has been eating a %100 raw foods diet for the past 40 years he doesn't usually have his clients go on an all raw diet to cure themselves of disease. His number one principal is that what you leave OUT of your diet at first is more important then what you put in. The largest offenders are processed wheat, gluten and sugar(this includes alcohol). On his diet you can still include small quantities of quality meat if you combine them well. I think that his approach is so wonderful, holistic and really motivating to change your lifestyle and heal your body and it sounds like that is what its going to take for your boyfriend to see relief.

Also I use some wonderful shower bath products by Morroco Method and they are highly recommended for people suffering from psoriasis. They are the most natural products I have found and they really work, and I have tried alot of products. Anthony Morroco also has lots of great resources on his site and a chat forum to talk with others that is really helpful.

I have helped my boyfriend to overcome health issues with diet and he has seen such improvement that I don't think he ever feels that I am stressing him out. Keep being there for him and searching out the answers, they are out there and other people have healed themselves.

The best to you and him

• You probably dont want to hear some of my comments but here it goes anyway.

Ive had psoriasis since I was 5 at about 5-10% most of my life. Then when I was 23 until about 26 I was about 90% covered I was horrified.. I went back to traditional medicines b/c I was desperate which I avoided for many years which didnt work. It only temporarily helped. My boyfriend at the time was supportive for about 4-5 months until he realized it wasnt going away. Then we started having issues and we broke up after how he was treating me.

In the end I started eating mostly vegetarian except for fish sometimes and taking alot of vitamins. The omegas help alot.Im going to try and be mostly raw right now Im back to 5%.AS of now Im doing the master cleanse which I did before which helped a bit I am aiming to do a longer cleanse than last. and be stricter with my eating habits. I have a better boyfriend now who is supportive 100% and doesnt try to tell me how to treat my problem.

Your bf has to do it on his own. I can honestly say that having other people telling you what to do about it MAKES IT WORSE its the stress . When my skin was bad most people were mean and everyone tried to tell me everything. Even thou you mean well and think you are helping him you are only making him self conscious. He might not tell him you are but you have to be comfortable with it. You need to show him you are comfortable being intimate while he has his rashes. I do it, I probably wouldnt if my bf wasnt so supportive.

Every person is different for some diet works others it doesnt. As for vitamins take a small multi a good brand not like centrum, omegas 3,6 take 2000mg. Zinc, I take Thera zinc lozenges 1 a day. Tanning also helps I dont like to do it much but it does work. Use Olive oil shampoo and conditioner my scalp P is 100% gone after I started using it. I also only use lotions and creams that dont have added scents using plain olive oil or other types of oils is best. You can find them in health and beauty section of most organic groceries.

• I'm no doctor, but I do have some light experience with skin disorders (my own).

In my experience, skin disorders are caused by parasites. And no, I don't mean tapeworms. I mean very small (i.e., microscopic) little worms, etc., that live in the skin and gradually take over the environment. The observed skin breakdown is because the parasites take all the good stuff from the skin, leaving only leftover trash for the suffer's own dermis to use. And of course, with junk raw materials, you get junk skin.

I have three data points:

1)

In roughly mid-1986, I had a pesky dry spot on my thumb. I tried all sorts of lotions, etc., with no luck, so I went to a dermatologist. He told me to keep the area moist, to lotion it down before sleep and wear plastic gloves, etc.. That didn't seem to be the correct answer to me but I did what he told me to do (the dry skin was so annoying!).

The problem ultimately resolved but I have the lingering sense that it resolved despite the dermatologist's involvement. I think my body was young enough, and the infestion was weak enough, that my body resolved the situation by itself, with a little support from the enhanced moisturization.

2)

In roughly mid-1997, I had a dry skin spot on my thumb, maybe the size of a shirt button. It gradually increased in size to, let's say, nickel size, and during this time I noticed that it went through cycles. It started to go away, and then it came back again, just slightly stronger than the last cycle. It was obvious something was growing in there, and, whatever it was, it was going through generations. Also by the time it got to be nickel size, my skin was very dry and starting to crack; it was soon going to break through, bleed, and be very painful. Fortunately, it never got that far.

I began treating the spot with Colloidal Silver. I knew that Colloidal Silver was an anathema to "bad bugs" that we don't want in our system, and I was working for a company that marketed Colloidal Silver, so I used that. I just kept a bottle of colloidal silver on my desk and wetted the spot down with a drop or two whenever I thought about it.

Gradually the infection went away. I kept wetting the spot until it was small enough not to bother me any more; then I forgot about treating it, and my body naturally cleared up the last little bits of the problem.

While discussing this experience with other associates at the company, they asked why I had not taken the colloidal silver sublingually (i.e., systemically) in addition to using it topically. My answer was that I simply hadn't thought about that, and my (unstated) reaction to their question was that, by using the solution topically, the substance was concentrated on the trouble spot, but by using it systemically, whatever intake I absorbed would be diluted throughout my body. I was not optimistic that the silver concentrations resulting from internal use would be anywhere near sufficient to have an effect on the trouble spot, but I couldn't really say for sure one way or the other.

So you might want to try the colloidal silver both topically and internally. Either way, it couldn't hurt. Please note colloidal silver is not dangerous. You could drink the whole bottle. It wouldn't hurt you, it would just be expensive.

Also note that with colloids, the smaller the particle size, the better. High-quality collidal silvers and golds are not difficult to find. You may want to do a little internet research before choosing.

3)

In mid-2007 I did a parasite cleanse* (I'm in the middle of my second parasite cleanse* here in Jan 2009 as I write this).

I noticed a BIG change in my skin, before/after. My skin had been generally getting dry and flaky, which I attributed to "getting older". Also I had begun to get some thick buildups on my heels, for which I used abrasive sticks to grind down the buildup. I didn't have dandruff but I did have dry flakes and I just accepted it as life.

Wow. Am I ever glad I did the parasite cleanse. I could tell I had been totally infested. My system really complained for the first few days, then "kinda" complained for a week or 10 days. Afterward, I could feel my digestive system worked better. I slept better, I lost weight (about 6-8 pounds, as I recall). I could think better. I noticed my skin was SO much better. It wasn't nearly as flaky as it had been. My skin is still slightly dry, but nothing like it had been. What an improvement! And no more thick skin buildup on my heels. That's all gone now. I haven't used the abrasive stick in a year.

It's my personal opinion that, very likely, all skin problems are really parasite infestations. I'm not aware of any research on the subject, but: I do know that doctors are not educated in nutrition or wholistic approaches to health. Cut & drug is their creed. I was totally unimpressed by the doc who told me to moisturize my skin. That's what I HAD been doing! I think the medical community simply does not realize that skin problems are a symptom of parasite infestations.

Yes eating RAW will help with the parasite infestation, and thus with the skin problems. The reason for this is that eating raw will change your body chemistry from acidic to alkaline, and parasites don't like an alkaline environment. By keeping your body chemistry alkaline, the parasite infestation should gradually subside. HOWEVER. It sounds as though your friend has deeply entrenched parasites. By now, the infestation has strong resources, so I would expect maybe a little improvement but certainly not a cure from going RAW.

He needs to get rid of the parasite infestations. This will likely require multiple cleanses. The first one will be the hardest, but it will also have the greatest effect. His body will probably complain, and he will probably have headaches and loose bowels, and possibly lightheadedness / dizziness. The skin may pain and/or throb at the infestation sites (that's a good thing!).

It's important not to hit his body too hard at first. He has a deeply entrenched problem, so, by hitting it really hard, it's going to really complain and fight back, and it will make him feel really bad. Possibly even emergency-room bad, although probably not quite that bad, just too-sick-to-go-to-work bad.

So take it easy and do a light cleanse first, gain experience from how that goes, give his body a little time to recover from the experience, then dive into the next (stronger) cleanse. Keep cleansing until the problem is gone. Make SURE you give his body time to recover and rebuild between cleanses. This will be more important with the early cleanses than with the later ones. You'll know he's ready for another cleanse when he just feels as though he's ready.

I sure hope you take my advice to heart and I sure hope your friend clears himself of parasites, because I feel STRONGLY that his problem will resolve.

I really feel as though skin problems are symptoms of parasite infestions.

Good luck.

*For my cleanses, I've been using Brenda Watson's RenewLife product "ParaGone". http://www.renewlife.com/

For my first parasite cleanse, I started off with her "First Cleanse", then I did the parasite cleanse. I could definitely tell that the "First Cleanse" did something; loose, smelly stools were the tipoff. Definite evidence of yucky stuff leaving the body.

For my second cleanse (right now), I just started right off with the "ParaGone".

There are many good parasite cleanses out there, including some you can simply copy right off the internet. I used hers because everything was all pre-thought-through, pre-measured, and it was available locally at my town Vitamin Shoppe. Also at "Healthways" (http://www.healthways.com/). Look around and choose one you like. Brenda seems to know what she's doing; those products of hers that I have used have worked for me.

Again, BEST OF LUCK TO YOU.

• Everything you're talking about is making his system acidic. Alcohol (ESPECIALLY the alcohol!), sugar (note: alcohol is simple sugar), meat, cheese, eggs, etc.. For lasting results, he must make his system akaline and keep it alkaline.

Also - and I hate to say this, but - the decisions are HIS. HE has to buy into his own health, or no progress will be made. You can bring a horse to water...

But of course you already know that.

Best of luck to you.

• My daughter has the same sort of condition. One day we were in Whole Foods and ran across some unscented shampoo and I though we'd try it. It was a fluke/miracle. No more flaky patchy red irritating bumps on her scalp. I guess it was the perfume in the regular shampoo that irritated her. If this is the case with your boyfriend then maybe he might be allergic to perfumes? They can be in any kind of soap even laundry detergent. The shampoo we bought and continue to buy is just the generic Whole Foods brand 360. I wish you both the best there has got to be an answer out there.