Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Sunken eyes

After I had my daughter I lost a lot of weight. Well I also lost the fat under my eyes. I have since put on weight but just not there. Can anyone recommend what foods might be good to try and build fat back under my eyes. They look really bad and often make the dark circles more noticeable!!thanks for any help with this!!!

Comments

• Potassium!! swollen eyes are a effect of too much potassium in your diet and vise versa, so just eat a few more bananas.. hope that helps :)

• miss soufflemiss souffle Raw Newbie

does sodium have anything todowith it??

• Sounds like you need to build your health all round and the eyes will improve. Include lots of greens, carbs in your diet with the addition of some quality omegas like hemp oil, flaxseeds, coconut oil. Avoid high sugar foods like dates.

• I have the same problem - I lost a lot of weight getting off of a medication, had a so-called "severe stress response", and now I have a sunken look to my eyes that didn't formally exist. I just started transitioning about 2 months ago, so I really cannot help...just thought I'd throw that out there so someone knows there are TWO people with sunken eyes in need of advice! I would second the omegas though. Fat loss in the face has a lot to do with hormones, so flax seed oil would help you normalize progesterone production so that your other hormones are working properly as well. Since this happened after the birth of your daughter, perhaps working on naturally rebalancing your hormones could make a difference.

• thanks so much for all of your advice!! I so need more omega 3's in my diet!! I would love for my eyes to look like they did before I lost all of the weight!! heloise, good luck to you on this problem. I hope eating raw will help with this. When u said rebalancing my hormones..u are talking about eating raw, right?

• dehydration is another cause for sunken eyes.

• Hi dnacol...yeah...I meant naturally with raw foods! I'm really new to all of this, but I was perusing the web yesterday and came across this woman's book and found her talking a bit on youtube. I really want her first book. Tonya Zavasta? If she's right, then I think there is hope for us yet!

I think it actually makes a lot of sense: if you are eating food that enables your body and hormones to function normally, I think things should be able to adjust back to where they were.

• Hi dnacol...yeah...I meant naturally with raw foods! I'm really new to all of this, but I was perusing the web yesterday and came across this woman's book and found her talking a bit on youtube. I really want her first book. Tonya Zavasta? If she's right, then I think there is hope for us yet!

I think it actually makes a lot of sense: if you are eating food that enables your body and hormones to function normally, I think things should be able to adjust back to where they were.

• stellabbellstellabbell Raw Newbie

You can try to avocados.They are very good for eyes. Because avocados are an abundant source of antioxidants. Among these important nutrients, zeaxanthin and lutein are mainly responsible for benefits of avocados on the eyes.
    Besides, avocados also have many other benefits.