Warming foods....

I just wanted to share my way of warming foods. I never liked the idea of sticking it in the dehydrator, and warming it in a bowl of hot water never worked well for me. Then I got this idea - I have an old potpourri pot that I never use, and I knew it didn't get very hot. It works PERFECTLY as a mini crock pot!

Comments

• RawKidChefRawKidChef Raw Newbie

Interesting. What brand is it? It sounds really cool, like a raw pot! Especially since it heats it better because it actually touches the pot, versus a dehydrator which uses air circulation.

PS how'd those potato cakes come out?

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

The low end of temps on home devices is usually over 150f. This is to prevent the development of bacteria. Like the 'keep warm' setting is normally 155 on coffee pots, buffets, crock pots or hot plates. Apparently anything around 110f is just a large petri dish.

You can use a simple weather thermometer to check the temp of it with water in it. After say an hour and see how high it gets. Good Luck! and if it is OK temp wise be sure and keep it clean. Don't wanna grow anything extra for lunch.

• This thing does not get hot - it is not a crock pot, it's for potpourri. I can stick my finger in it and it is merely warm.

• chriscarltonchriscarlton Raw Newbie

That wold probably be around 100f then. Keep it clean. Most Hottubs are 102f if that helps.

• I warm my soup on the stove, the burner set at about med.low. I stir alot and keep sticking my finger in and take it off when it feels warm enough. I also make portabello steaks and warm them in the oven at the very lowest setting for thirty minutes or more. I am trying a stew that I have dreamed up and will put it in a covered cassarole dish and warm the same way. As long as it isn't hot to touch it isn't cooking. This time of year on the coast warm is nice.