Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

FDA is again pimping poisoned food products

TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

FDA is pure evil. Has anyone been following the melamine-contaminated baby formula in the U.S.? The FDA covered up their findings for a while until they were outed. Now read the decision they made lickity-split to cover their and their Big Business boyfriends butts.

FDA sets melamine standard for baby formula

WASHINGTON

Comments

• that makes me sick.

ugh.

• MeditatingMeditating Raw Newbie

Thanks for the post. I would not believe anything the FDA says.

I think they may be one of the most obvious and unashamed government agencies when it comes to corporatism. Reflecting on that last sentence, it is a hell of a comment given that corporate constituency is job #1 in all our government agencies.

• SO evil!

• vegan2rawvegan2raw Raw Newbie

wow I am glad I breastfed, I would like to also add that all commercial formuals contain various GMO ingredients as well.

• beanbean Raw Newbie

Oh my god! That is so unbelievably... EVIL! Those poor babies... I don't like the idea of feeding babies store-bought formula anyway, but TAINTED store bought formula??

Are there any store bought formulas that are safe for babies that anyone knows about/has used? I have no idea, but I'm curious- I've heard that store bought formula is essentially sugar syrup and condensed cow milk, that kind of thing, but is there any existing ones that are ok?

• beanybeeganbeanybeegan Raw Newbie

I would say yes, there is a very good baby formula. It has been around for thousands of years. Good breast milk. The sad thing is, many mothers will still feed there babies the commercial milk, because it is convenient. Believing the FDA is the best solution. As you said, the poor babies.

• Coming from a momma who has been breastfeeding for 6 1/2 years between 3 kids I will say boy am I glad I chose to breastfeed. It makes me sick to think of the poor babies who are being poisoned with that crap. What about adults and older children who are on formulas because of being tube fed? What are the levels for them? They are on the stuff far longer than babies who are on it for a year max. I have chosen to feed real food to my daughter who is 5 and tube fed. I blenderize what the whole family eats and feed it to her through her tube.

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

It would Probably be Best if Those guys were NEVER mentioned Here as I like this site Very Much and would hate to see anything happen to it... Melamine, Flouride and BPA contamination are a Matter of Policy and There is Nothing We Can Do about it... The only thing we can Control is what we put into OUR mouths and not much more... as For Me I have a water filtration system and I grow most of my own food and you may do well to do the same... Time to start Using/Growing Sprouts...

"Ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. "--John viii. 32.

But Don't Hold Your Breath....

• beanbean Raw Newbie

What would happen to the site? Are you referring to FDA as "those guys?"

That makes it sound like they might get angry at us for bashing them... could something like that happen? It's a scary thought!

• That's just terrible! But you know what, until places like Gone Raw exist there is hope that we can protect ourselves from their shenanigans.

• TomsMomTomsMom Raw Newbie

RavishingRaw, I was not raised to tell people to close their mouths and live quivering in fear. I can't believe you're advising me or anyone to stop talking or how to speak or what to say.

• Raw_OrleansRaw_Orleans Raw Newbie

Did you guys Know that it is against the law for ANYONE to say that something cures you of any disease unless that substance is a Pharmaceutical...??? And That Cherry Juice is Considered a Controlled Substance by the FDA because people claim that it Helps With Inflamation...(NaturalNews.com) How's That for Big Brother...

http://www.naturalnews.com/024567.html

• schmoopeeschmoopee Raw Newbie

This is about more than baby formula, they're finding Melamine in the eggs in China because the chickens are fed gluten padded by melamine...Its used in fertilizer here in the U.S. among other things.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/17/opinion/17mcwilliams.html?_r=1&scp=5&sq=melamine&st=cse