Honeycomb...Can our bodies digest this??

So the raw honey I buy comes with a capping layer of honeycomb on top to seal the flavor of the honey. Now, I know we can eat this, but can our bodies digest this?? It's waxy, so can this be broken down during digestion?? If so, about roughly how long does it take? I know bee pollen is edible, but when I chew the honeycomb, It's like I can't break it down any smaller than the thickness it already is. Just wondering because I consume it daily.

Comments

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

I really don't think you should swallow it. I believe it's just wax and folks like to chew it to get the honey out of it. I tried it long ago and really couldn't handle chewing it for very long.

I got some bee pollen to try rawkid's Blueberry smoothie and I think next time I'll cut back on the pollen a bit. A really strong new taste but will keep looking for more ways to use it.

• Thanks Gratefultobe. Yeah, I start to chew it because it will get mixed up in my spoon of honey, but it likes to get stuck in my teeth, so I usually throw it out. I don't favor it, it really has no flavor and sticky molars are no fun, but I have ended up swallowing it before...