Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Recipes Lost in Cyberspace

Since the remake of the site, a number of the older recipes are, at least for the moment, lost in cyberspace. I'd like to suggest we use this thread specifically for the purpose of gathering some of them in one place. Here's how I see this working:

1. If you are looking for a missing recipe, post your request. Include the name of the recipe, and as much info as you remember -- creator, key ingredient, etc. -- anything that will jog someone's memory.

2. If you have a copy of the requested recipe, post it. Put the title of the recipe in caps at the top of your post, along with the creator's name, if you have it. Leave a blank space so the title stands out. Then key in the recipe, or if you have it saved on your computer, just copy and paste it.

3. I'm not sure if it will assist Kandace and Ray in locating and retrieving them, but if you are posting one of our "lost lambs" and have the original URL, please include it.

If you're aware of a request from another thread, and have a copy of the recipe, please go ahead and post it.

Just a Suggestion -- Once the "delete" option becomes available, you might consider deleting your request AFTER the recipe has been posted. This would make the thread a little easier to browse, and if there is a lot of interest, would keep it more managable.

I will try to keep an alphabetical index of "lost recipes" and mark them as found in pane #1.

Here's to good detective work, and many closed cases.

Brenda

Comments

• REAL HUMMUS

as a meal, it serves about 6 (i have one friend that can eat the whole thing..)

Contributed by ofek

http://www.therawtarian.com/recipes/2247-real-hummus

if i was a capitalist – this recipe would be “for sale†only! i tried many raw hummus recipes that looked a little like hummus, tasted nothing like it, and didn’t taste good either! that raw beany flavor was simply too much! now, after many years of tweaking and improvements.. i give you: REAL HUMMUS. i am in palestine, one of the hummus havens of the world.. and people who are hummus addicts, taste this hummus and say it is simply the best hummus they ever tasted. so beware!

Ingredients

1 cup chickpeas

1 cup whole sesame seeds

1 cup extra virgin olive oil

2 lemons

3 cloves garlic

3 medium dates (or one big madjool)

1 slice jalapeno (about half a thumb)

1 teaspoon celtic sea salt

Preparation

the evening before

chickpeas can drink a lot – so don’t be cheap on the water… put them in a big bowl with 5 cups of water at least.

the next morning

(or 12 hours later at least). the sesame don’t swell as much – soak them in a different bowl with 3 cups of water. drain the chickpeas and place on a strainer to sprout.

in the evening

(up to 12 hours later, i find that chickpeas taste best when they are minimally sprouted) we are now going to mush it all!! fun!! prepare all the ingredients first for suspense. pit the dates peel the garlic strain the sesame seeds

the electricity-free route

juice the 2 lemons cut the pepper real small mush the garlic and dates in garlic press grind the celtic sea salt in a mortar and pestle using a manual metal flour grinder (not a meat grinder – but more like the corn grinders they use in mexico to make tortillas, you can but these on the next for less than $50 and in mexico for cheaper) – grind the soaked sesame and the sprouted chickpeas to a paste. mix all ingredients in a bowl until smooth and consistent.

the electricity-dependent route

(use vitamix or other good blender) peel and depit the lemons put all ingredients except chickpeas in blender blend with tamper until smooth empty almost the whole paste into a bowl (you now have excellent tahini paste!) put chickpeas in, blend with tamper until smooth. empty into bowl. mix all ingredients in a bowl until consistent.

how to serve

the hummus goes best with “pita bread†of raw foodists: that is GREENS! we choose to go out into the wild with a container full of hummus, find the biggest mallow leaves, and wipe the hummus clean with them. it also goes very well on a platter of leaves… collards, kale, spinach, with cukes and tomatoes and carrots too.

wow that is cool..

join us on our nature-bonding hikes in nowhere else but the holyland! a weekend, a week, a month where we purely connect with ourselves and nature by subsisting purely on the best raw foraged foods! (completely by donation!) see pictures and impressions in english here and plenty more info and pics in non-english here.

• Satchy mentioned on another thread that she could no longer find the carrot pecan burger recipe.

I've searched using several variables and cannot find it. If you have a copy of this recipe, please post it here.

• I think I found the recipe for the carrot-pecan burgers

Carrot-Pecan Burgers

A yummy little patty that I make regularly. It was one of my first dehydrator items; I usually put it together in the morning and then they are ready for dinner! Recipe by Alissa Cohen.

Ingredients:

4 medium carrots

1 cup pecans

1 cup mushrooms (recipe states "button", but I love using portabellos too)

1 cup onion

3 tablespoon cilantro

2 tablespoon olive oil

½ teaspoon sea salt

1 pinch black pepper

Preparation:

Remember to add some herbs to taste! The original recipe calls for .5 teaspoon each of dried fennel, coriander, and curry…however feel free to play with this and experiment.

In a food processor, blend carrots until diced. Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth. Remove from processor and form into burgers. Place burger on a mesh dehydrator screen and dehydrate at 105 for 7-8 hours.

They darken up in the dehydrator and even resemble a real meat patty, but they taste better than any meat patty!

• Merry Christmas, Satchy. Hope this is the Carrot-Pecan Burger recipe you were looking for.

Wow, that was fast. Thanks Kathryninthe raw. And Merry Christmas to you, as well.

Satchy, if this isn't the one you're looking for, please let us know.

• You can usually find the recipe you're looking for by Googling the exact name. I found a few of my lost recipes that way. If it doesn't work when you click on the link, click in the bottom right corner where it says "cached". Should pop up.

• Thanks kathrynintheraw! That is the carrot-pecan burger recipe I was looking for.

Also thank you very much emtpdmom for searching and setting up this thread to help find it.

Happy Holidays to everyone.

• I also can't find the Berry Frappe or the DQ Blizzards/Ben and Jerry's recipe. Those are the exact words. Thanks

• INDEX

LOST

Berry Frappe

DQ Blizzards/Ben and Jerry's

FOUND

Carrot-Pecan Burger by Alissa Cohen - pane #4

Real Hummus by Ofek - pane #2

• bump

• The eggcellent scramble recipe apparently didn't survive the upgrade. It's an integral part of writeeternity's Deviled "Eggs" recipe. Thanks Sweet Adeline for pointing out that this is one of the "Lost in Cyberspace" recipes. I've tried several search options from GR and from Google without success. If you have a copy of this recipe or can find in on the web, please do post it here.

We're also still looking for:

Berry Frappe

DQ Blizzards/Ben and Jerry's

A GoneRaw member is going to email me her recipe database. Here's hoping it includes the above.

• CREAMY GARLIC-DILL ZUCCHINI PASTA Creator currently not known

Serves 1

I never liked zucchini pasta. Something about it didn’t sit well with me. But then I saw online that Alissa Cohen’s restaurant, Grezzo, served a dill vermicelli and it got me thinking that might be good. So I started experimenting and came up with this delicious recipe. I think I could eat it every day!

Ingredients

2 medium zucchini, peeled and, sliced thin into spaghetti

½ cup cashews, ground to a powder

½ lemon, juiced

3 cloves garlic, minced

1 tablespoon olive oil

2 tablespoons water

2 teaspoons dill

½ teaspoon salt, plus extra for pasta

Preparation

Place zucchini noodles on mesh dehydrator sheet and sprinkly lightly with some salt. Place in dehydrator on 105 degrees for about 15 min to warm.

Place all remaining ingredients in blender and blend until a sauce is created. Taste to see if more salt is needed (keep in mind there is salt on the zucchini). Sauce can be warmed in dehydrator if wished. Serve on top pasta.

Kellyne, hope this is what you are looking for.

Thank you Shannsu for providing this fabulous resource.

NOTE: The file I have does not give credit to the member who contributed this recipe. If you have a copy of the recipe and know who should get the credit, or you are the creator, please let me know and I'll add it to this frame.

• hi emtpdmom.....it was so nice of you to start this thread!

I believe the creamy garlic-dill zucchini pasta recipe belongs to Aziah

here is the eggcellent scramble recipe:

Serves 2

Ingredients

1 cup Cashews or sunflower seeds

½ cup Brazil nuts

1 teaspoon turmeric

1 teaspoon dry mustard

1 teaspoon celery seed

½ cup pure water

1 clove garlic

½ juice from lemon

Preparation

Mix everything except Brazil nuts in food processor till smooth. Remove and put into bowl. Add Brazil nuts to food processor so they are chopped for texture. Add both together and mix. Add chopped onions, red pepper, tomato, jalapenos, green onion, spinach or anything else to jazz it up.