Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Cured myself of oral herpes

rawjazzrawjazz Raw Newbie

Hi Everybody

I just wanted to share my story with you all briefly. Before I went raw I had periodic outbreaks of red itchy bumps around my mouth. My doctor told me it was a virus that could not be cured and lived dormant in the area around my mouth and that outbreaks would be triggered by stress, heat and other things. After I went raw, these itchy bumps flared up basically non-stop for almost 6 months. My Mom told me that I needed to change my diet and blah blah blah....I decided I was really going to stick it out. I can't stress to you how much of a drag it was living with this for 6 months!! It was a social nightmare. About a month ago I decided to (in addition to being 100% raw) start practicing a healing visualization on a daily basis. I just closed my eyes and pictured the sickness leaving my body and going far far away and seeing myself with perfect clear skin.

Anyway, my skin is now completely clear and beautiful and I am totally convinced that it is never coming back. So to those of you who are detoxing-- some things can take a long time to get out of your body and just have faith that you are doing the right thing to cure yourself. You CAN cure yourself, no matter what your doctor tells you. Listen to your body.

Janelle

solafire

Comments

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Beautiful story and inspiration for us all. For me at least.

• internettouristinternettourist Raw Newbie

I think you swapped tomatoes, nuts or some other of the raw diet irritants out of you recent diet. Maybe you upped your bananas recently...............

I'm obviously a believer that the raw diet is the cure for everything. But I know from personal experience that there are some things in the raw diet that will give you bad skin.

I believe in the power of positive thought and effects on the body. Saying the rosary can have profound benefits for a person.

If I am going to visualize something, hmmmm, I think I will visualize myself winning the lottery. Come to mama money. Here I am, over here.

Thanks for sharing though. Congratulations on the calm skin.

• elizabethhelizabethh Raw Newbie

No offense, but I'd like to offer an alternative viewpoint.

The reason oral herpes (or any herpes) is considered "incurable" is because it literally hides in billions of cells around your mouth, making it impossible for your immune system to attack the virus unless it is "out in the open", or actively attacking other cells. The explanation for your seemingly nonexistent herpes is most likely that during your first 6 months raw your body was adjusting to the change, and your immune system was on the fritz. Your immune system is now likely working extremely well, preventing outbreaks by taking care of the virus before it can cause unpleasant symptoms. This is definitely not unheard of in people with strong immune systems.

I don't mean to diminish from your current state of health, but merely to offer a more scientifically reasoned viewpoint, having some knowledge of the herpes virus myself. Congratulations!

• Hey Rawjazz, I'm really happy for you. I believe our minds create our reality at least as much as our food, if not more. I'm going to try that on some moles.

• Congratulations rawjazz and kudos for sticking to your raw diet. I am a firm believer that there is no such thing as a non curable disease, that is just an invention of conventional medicine.

• Janelle, congratulations. I have no doubt that your body cured itself because you fed it foods that complemented rather than inhibit its natural healing abilities. Visualization definitely helped too.

• I have had this since I was around 6 years old. I have been 100% raw for 5 1/2 months now - I still get them.....

• Perioral Dermatitis is cured on many with organic apple cider vinegar,

(while we are on the oral :) )

• Beautiful story Janelle, I am truly grateful that you shared it with us :)

• bittbitt Raw Newbie

coconuts have monolaurin which has been known to cure viruses. i'm sure there are also many other secrets like that in raw food.

• I heard many with POD use coconut oil to cure it, might help with herpes too.

I found a great site called earthclinic, it has lots of reviews from people on non chemical medicine.

• Jazz Raw thanks for sharing your story. It was so beautiful and inspiring. I definitely believe in raw cures. I also believe that if you believe in healing, it will find you. But it takes a lot to believe in something that's supposedly impossible. I also believe there is no such thing as an incurable. There's always a way. Thank you for sharing your story.

• solafiresolafire Raw Newbie

What a wonderful testimonial to the power of eating raw and visualization to heal! I need to work on the visualization of my healing process, thank you for providing inspiration!

ClaireT