Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

hair

seaweedseaweed Raw Newbie

Do y'all have any natural recipes for some type of serum or conditioning support I can put in my hair everyday? Besides buying one, that is. I have very long, straight hair that tends to split if I neglect it. Not oily at all, just dry sometimes.

Any suggestions? What kind of remedies do you use for your hair? I don't shampoo, but use Dr. Bronner's about twice a week and do raw apple cider vinegar rinses about once a week. Has anyone used vitamin E oil or almond oil to massage the tips?

Comments

• CarnapCarnap Raw Newbie

I use shampoo bars every four days. After two days of not washing I take a little jojoba oil and rosemary essential oil and do a massage. What's left on my hand from the scalp massage, I spread onto my hair. Not much, just a little. I feel like my hair is less dry and stronger.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Check out the forums that include *queenfluff's* entries, she is a hair guru!! I have been following her advice and I have long hair also. Last time I was at the hair salon to get it trimmed the girl said my hair looked great and that I had very little split ends!!

I usually just rinse my hair very well with water and once in a great while with baking soda and rinse with apple cider vinegar

I have used either coconut oil or avocado for a overnight treatment, but not very often. Be careful tho and use it lightly because if you use too much it is harder to rinse out of the hair and do it on a weekend that you are not going to be going anywhere.

Good luck

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Here's the link to Queenfluff's thread (http://www.goneraw.com/node/1559). It's quite detailed (about 600 entries) but has a lot of good information. If you do an advanced search for "queenfluff no poo" you'll find several other threads that are shorter.

• Blue_EyesBlue_Eyes Raw Master

Thanks emtpdmom!! I still haven't figured out everything we can do on here

Blue Eyes, here's the link to Site Use Tips and Hints, in case you haven't come across it before. It's not an all inclusive list, but is at least a starting point. So far, my favorite are the Advanced Search features. Please add to the list as you discover other features.

Sorry, this was a duplicate of the next post. I was experimenting with html formatting. Kandace or Ray, please feel free to delete it.

• shawnieshawnie Raw Newbie

I agree with Blue_Eyes, I have also been following queenfluffs advice, she is very knowledgable.

Right now I only wash with water about once a week and apply coconut oil at the ends if they are dry. Washing with sage helps too for shine. As for split ends, avoid buns and pony tails and sleep in a satin pillowcase to avoid more damage.

• I have been doing the no poo for a year and a half and I have never haid hair as nice as this. I can only recommend it!!

No poo doesn't work for me. I am in the process of making my own shampoo.

I use a bit of liquid castile soap, some romarin tea, a couple drops of jojoba oil, and one drop of essential oil of your choice.

Play around with a mixture like that in small ingredients to see how your hair feels.

I like it very watery.

• leahcelesteleahceleste Raw Newbie

I highly recommend the Morroco Method Shampoos and hair care line. They are the most natural shampoos that I have ever come across. They look and feel like thin mud and don't suds up at all really. They are made from clay, seaweeds and herbs.

When I first started using them I would rotate them with other shampoos because they seemed so foreign to me at first. But after doing that for over a year I read alot of posts on the Morroco Method Forum that said you have to use only those shampoos for 1 month to really see how different they are from regular shampoo or even "natural shampoo". After only using Morroco Method shampoos and products for over 3 months straight I have to say that my hair is sooo healthy and shiny like never before when I used other products. I love the Morroco Method products! They also make your hair thicker though I never had a problem with that in the first place. I actually rarely condition my hair using these products. My boyfriend uses them also and he loves them. They have made his curly hair thicker and more healthy. I also had problems with dandruff and itchy scalp for years and years and they are gone. Sorry to go on about these products so much but I think they are great. Oh, and I also use the shampoo to wash my face and body, awesome!

Does anyone else here use this stuff?

• bexbex

I use the baking soda method to wash and a conditioning rinse of ACV and my hair has never been better. It's always had a lot of body but used to be frizzy and both dry and oily. Now it's smooth and soft but still wavy. I wish I had discovered this in high school when I actually cared about appearance. Now I just use this because it works and I'm not spreading nasty chemicals on my head that make everything worse in the end. Oh and I used just a tiny bit of coconut oil after the wash and rinse for the ends.

I have pretty short hair (about 4 inches at the longest). I'm a high school teacher, so needed to detox my hair when students wouldn't notice. I did what I thought would just be a trial run over Christmas break . . . baking soda or just water . . . vinegar or ACV . . . that's all. I was real concerned about not using setting lotion as my hair is usually very flat without it. I didn't go back to shampoo, and use just a tiny bit of an organic hairspray occasionally. I'm very pleased with the results.

• carrie6292carrie6292 Raw Newbie

I too use some coconut oil on my hair... i use it on my face as a moisturizer at bed time and whatever is left over, i rub into the ends of my hair. I just bought a vegan organic shampoo at Christmas Tree Shop and i can't wait to use it later today :) My hair doesn't grow very fast, but my nails are growing incredibly fast and healthy from eating this way and not using a single thing on my nails anymore.

leahceleste, I use the mud you are talking about. we have many morrocan immigrants where I live and it is easy to find... It does give lots of volume and I only need to wash once or twice a week.