food allergies/intolerances

dodododo Raw Newbie

Hi everyone

ive been having some problems, does anyone else have problems with miso and maca? i had wheat probs for years but managed to cure myself, but maca seems to make my stomache sore and gives me nausea, yesterday i was very very sick but the two men who were with me and had it didnt get sick, theres no other food it could have been i dont think. also miso gives me cramps and the runs, i had the same with dried bean curd dishes b4 raw, but have always been ok with soya milk and tofu.

can anyone suggest a replacement for the maca that doesnt do this, i need energy, hormone balancing, libido enhancer etc. i have raw chocolate and goji berries most days.

getting a little grrrrrrr..ish as i went raw to feel better and now im feeling poo again. (having flu all over xmas prob hasnt helped much either)

many thanks

Comments

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Not much to say other than raw miso is tough for DH and me too. We're fine with the traditional miso, but the raw varieties we can only manage in small doses or we get very gassy. DH can't handle most raw beans at all. (Pulses are OK, and mung beans.) No problems with cooked beans, by the way.

My understanding is a food allergy will manifest as any other kind of allergic reaction - runny eyes/nose, itchy throat, rash, et al. An intolerance is gastrointestinal - cramps, bloating, nausea, gas, digestive drama. So your symptoms seem to be intolerance versus allergy...maybe this gives you a clue on how to manage it.

• dodododo Raw Newbie

thank you for the input suasoria, happy new year too :)