persimmon recipes, anyone?

We just were BLESSED finding a large persimmon tree, simply LADEN with juicy fruit, that the owner was thankful we would pick for free! So, we are looking for yummy recipes to use with persimmons.

Thank you, and ble

ssings!

Deboraheron

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

How fortunate. I love it when people share. If you key the word persimmon in the regular "search" box (top right corner of any screen), you'll get 4 pages of information, including about a dozen recipes. Sometimes people put recipe type ideas in their comments on the Forums, so you might want to browse through them as well.

To narrow the field to just the recipes, just do an Advanced Search. In case you're not familiar with the new features on the site, click here. Reply #3 has hints for an Advanced Search.

Welcome to Gone Raw. Hope you find lots of good things to do with your persimmons. If you get creative and come up with other unique ways to "uncook" persimmons, please do share.

• Raw CurlsRaw Curls Raw Newbie

I know I should answer this since it's my avatar, the most delicious way to enjoy a persimmon, IMO, is blended. Either blended with bananas in a smoothie or throw in the food processor alone as a pudding. They are super sweet when ripe, almost sugary to the tongue.

I do remember seeing a "pumpkin pie" recipe (another site) but instead of pumpkin you use persimmon, pumpkin pie spice and some blended cashew and coconut oil to thicken. I did try it around Thanksgiving and it was yummy but I didn't like the oat crust I made with it. I think I would have liked it better without a crust at all.

What type of persimmons are they? I really like the astringent variety that needs to literally feel like a water balloon before it's ready to eat.