Tangerines

blueyzblueyz Raw Newbie

I am still dogsitting one more day, and now that it is snowing and I can't get out very far I'm trying to make use of what I have with me at my parents.

I realized I have 3 tangerines, one was planned to make juice and mix with cranberries but I'm out of ideas for the other two.

I ate one other plain last night, I am looking to use these last 2 in something.

What are your favorite uses for or combinations that go well with tangerines?? I'm limited on ingredients but have a few things with me I"m sure something will work. I would make it into a dressing but for me the fruit and salad thing doesn't work, even if it is just greens and fruit my GI is still super sensitive.

Comments

• Hey blueyz - I know you said your supply was limited and saw your remark in regards to fruit salads...but I am going to share anyway... What about making an ambrosia of sorts.Do you have any pecans, walnuts, or cashews.You could make a whip cream and to put on top of your tangerine slicesand/or any oher fruit you might have. Possibly sprinkle on some coconut flakes.

To make a whipped cream of sorts - take your nut of choice and mix with o.j./tangerine juice, vanilla or almond extract, and dates for sweetness...if possible. Just an idea. I do not know what your resources are...so you might have to be creative and go with the flavors you enjoy.

Good Luck, maybe others will share more ideas.

BTW, Happy New Year!!! :)

• You know what, I was thinking about it...

you could always just enjoy the goodness of the tangerine.

Tangerine Goodness! :)

• SuasoriaSuasoria Raw Newbie

Plain! I love them more than any other citrus. There were always two or three in our Christmas stockings as a kid.

After peeling, my ritual is to spend a long LONG time taking off every little shred of white pith, until they're totally naked. It heightens the anticipation.