Hello Beautiful!

It looks like you're new to The Community. If you'd like to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Healing foods?

daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I have a friend who is going to have some elective surgery and I will be caring for her afterward. I want to have some healing foods on hand for her. Do any of you know of specific foods to aid in healing?

Comments

• daniefondaniefon Raw Newbie

I am not sure why this didn't appear on the home page, anyone know why? Or, maybe it only does after someone responds?

• Houttunyia Cordata or4 fishwort is an excellent healing plant

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

it only appears on the home page after someone responds

• zinfandelzinfandel Raw Newbie

Fruits are best.

Sweet fruits are easiest to digest. Acidic fruits are sometimes too detoxifying and harder to digest for some. Veggies are good but also hard for some to digest, so juicing is good. Do look up a food combining chart. It is worth it.

Just my 2cents. Gooood luck!

P.S. fats and proteins aren't powerful healers.

• gratefultobegratefultobe Raw Newbie

Hi all, I know I'm preachin to the choir here but I thought this was a good enough to share...

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/01/10/scientists-show-how-certain-vegetables-combat-cancer.aspx

happy munching!

• waterbaby12347waterbaby12347 Raw Newbie

i think I have gone brain dead!!!

There are some foods to avoid before surgery due to bleeding problems... Maybe pineapple but I can't remember for sure... OMG!!! Must be an "air biscuit" in the brain... LOL

Kale can increase the viscosity of the blood, increased risk of making blood clots after surgery, which is already a risk... But I feel green smoothies are vital... What type of surgery???

I know there are more but for the life of me, I can't bring them to the surface... There are others here that can be of service with this matter... HELP!!!