Sprouted chickpea taste?

Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the woody, bitter taste of sprouted chickpeas? Thanks!

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Here's an earlier thread that discusses this topic.

• Thank you. I've tried those means before, but no success so far. In the meantime, I'll try the zucchini hummus; it sounds great!

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Keylee, I notice you're in P'cola. Have you gone to any of the workshops at Everman's? I don't live there, but am occasionally in town on the weekend, and attended a very enlightening raw workshop last summer. At that time there was also a monthly vegan potluck as well as a raw potluck. I've not been in town at the right time to participate. Have you been? If so, how are they? Maybe we can meet up sometime when I"m in town. I'd like to try eating at "End of the Line" down on Wright Street (just west of 9th Avenue). It doesn't look like much from the outside, but comes highly recommended by some of the people I've met at Everman's. The only person who ever said anything negative was from up north and I think was accustomed to a more upscale environment.

Here's to a delicious hummus,

Brenda

• I only recently moved to P'cola, so I haven't had the opportunity to go to one yet, but I am looking forward! Does End of the Line have a selection of raw fare? I thought is was just vegan, definitely worth looking into! Let me know when you're going to be in town and perhaps we can try it out.

Thanks for your help,

Kimberly