Help! I can't find anything on this website!

The old website was very easy to find recipes, the new advanced search DOESN'T WORK!

I'm trying to find a cheesy cracker recipe that I really liked and none of my searches work. I tried the same thing with a mushroom recipe and I finally found it by accident.

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Any suggestions?

Help!

Comments

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Yes, things are very different. I posted a thread based on all the tips and tricks I've discovered and others have also shared theirs. Click here to check it out. The search is really quite powerful, but I had to experiment a bit to get used to it. However, in the upgrade, some of the older recipes did not translate. I think Ray is still working on that one. A recent post from Kandace indicated they are not through with the remake.

There's also a lost recipe thread. If you can't find the recipes, try posting there. If someone has a copy they will post it in that thread.

I'm on my way to church this morning. If you still can't find the recipes, post their names or descriptions. I'll try to help find them this afternoon.

Welcome back. Here's to fruitful searching . . .

Brenda

• I agree with RJM65! I joined goneraw a year ago and submitted some recipes.

I saved a bunch of recipes to my user name, etc. The site was EASY to use and EASY to find recipes! Then you changed the site. Unfortunately you also wiped out my user login. I spent weeks trying to get your site to send me my password because you didn't recognize the RIGHT one. Also unfortunately you also lost my email address because I never received a message saying I could change my password and access my old user id. So I had to make a new user id and pw. Now ALL my favorites are GONE! I can't find any of my old favorite recipes and I can't do anything about my recipe postings.

I'm darn tired of clicking on links on forums to go to a specific recipe or forum discussion and winding up in your general "recipe page"! I AM TOTALLY FRUSTRATED!!!! You guys made an inadvisable move by totally changing your site without beta testing it first!

Just today I've sent almost 3 hours looking for a recipe I want to take to a potluck this afternoon - tomato corn chowder. NO combination of search words has come up with it!

As for going to your tips and hints - they're WAY TOO COMPLICATED to be of use! You just need to dump this site set up and go back to the original! I know that's not feasible but you need to find a way to make it actually EASY to use and find recipes etc!!! I used to be on your site everyday - now I'm here only when i have to be. very sad....

ps if you can attach me to my old id I'd appreciate it it was kmqq

• Thanks Brenda for your kind reply and help. As you can see I have been off goneraw for over a year. I have too many things going on in my life to have to spend so much time trying to relearn something that was so easy to use in the past. I will try the links you provided and hope they are still valid. I'm glad to see that the "tag cloud" is back. I hope it works really well. I'm in dire need of some new eats. Thanks again. Kris

• emtpdmomemtpdmom Raw Newbie

Updated Links January 20, 2010 - emtpdmom :-)

KMQQ -- I'm so sorry you are having trouble finding your way around the new site. And I totally agree that it takes a while to get the hang of things, especially using the search features. I spent most of a Saturday last December just playing with it until I figured out how to make it work. Now I love it, and the site is stable now . . . no down time unless Ray is tweaking something.

The

• We're about to work on some updates. Sorry the search isn't helping, I'll see what I can do.

I know we changed the site technology without as much testing as we would have liked, but all things considered, I have no doubt that we made the right decision. I really really wish we could have kept the user logins the same, but that just wasn't possible. We are definitely working on making recipes easier to browse and find, and hopefully this will make things easier for everyone.

Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience!!