Hello from Dublin!

Hello Hello!

My name is Marley Pfei, and I am a Canadian (from Vancouver, BC) living in Dublin, Ireland. It is not the most inviting climate to start a raw diet, I am not big on the seasonal vegetables.. I also dont have any equiptment for the time being.. Step one, a blender! I am working on it, hah... I have, however, ambled out to the countryside to stock up on organic produce, and am eating very simply.. salads, fruit and nuts... While I was there I was lucky to meet someone with a Living Foods stall! I thought the Dublin raw food scene was nonexistent, but apparently it is developing. So cool!

I have been a vegetarian for 16 years, and a vegan for 4 ( I am 20). I began recovery from two years of anorexia last spring, and since then I have gone from 100 lbs to 130 lbs on a standard cooked vegan diet.. which brings me to an average weight for my height, but I feel terrible. When I eat raw, I don't feel guilty about what I am eating, and I am excited to see if it has a positive effect on my energy levels.

I am feeling really good so far (4 days), and I am very thankful for the community aspect of raw foods. You guys rock!

Comments

• WinonaWinona Raw Newbie

Welcome Marley! We're very glad to have you here. This particular community at goneraw is what helped me go raw and more importantly, stay raw. I love recipes and experimenting with new produce - hopefully you'll enjoy raw even more as summer comes along.