Vacation Update

spiritedmamaspiritedmama Raw Newbie

Hello everyone! I finally made it back to a computer and I wanted to let you know how my trip is going. I came to visit my parents for 3 weeks to help my mom with her transisiton to raw. She has diabetes, among other health issues, but her goal is to get off insulin before my dad retires. After his retirement, they may not be able to afford insulin, so I feel this is a very concrete, attainable goal to work for. We are at the end of week #2 and she has been raw for breakfast and lunch, but eating cooked dinner. She is doing great! She has learned how to make green smoothies so had taken over that task for the morning for all of us (me, 2 kids, and her). One day, she even was all raw except for one item! She had some minor detox symptoms that quickly went away. This surprised me at first because she is not all raw until I realized that most of her diet prior to my visit was VERY processed (boxed, canned, etc.). After a day of lemon water, she was doing much better. Her blood sugars have been more level, and consisitently lower than ever before! After week 3, she will be traveling with me and my children back to Arizona where she will be 100% raw for the 3 weeks she stays with our family. I am very proud of her! She has done better than I could ever have imagined! She even made it through the 4th of July…one of the biggest food glutoney holidays of the USA!

Hope all is well with everyone else! I don’t know when I will be at a computer again before I get back to AZ, so until I “see” you all again…Love and Light to ALL!

-Sunny

Comments

• Hi Spiritedmama,

that is such great news re yr mom! My mom has diabetes too along with a host of other health issues, we do not communicate much though. There was a time when I would have felt only envy but now with my attitude, nutrition and spiritual change I have gone through the last 3 months or so, I can say that I am happy for you and your mom and wish for her the best health…ever. Miss you and yr posts… enjoy your time in WA and safe journey back, love and light Dea. ;))

• LucyLucy Raw Newbie

Hi Spiritedmamma, great hearing about your trip and your mom’s health. I was in Brasil visiting my mom,as I do evry year,and she was raw for a month.Evrything went great and she said to me that she’ll be raw from now on.At least I know that she’ll be 90% raw,also my sister. Great that you are taking care of your mom.

• omshantiomshanti Raw Newbie

so awesome and insprirational! blessings to your ma! and you and your family of course.